meet Maverick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Spent his 1st night quiet, under a bed in spare bedroom. This morning, I brought his outdoor, heated house in there. A bowlful of Temptations in front of him. He's certainly freaked out somewhat, but at very least....he's WARM. I'll be calling vet for appt shortly.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday morning the earliest appointment available. Confined to spare bedroom, I put a kitty bed in his spot. He's sprawled out sleeping right now. Thankfully SAFE and WARM.
Can’t wait for more photos! Perfect! He’s found his safe forever home— you are his Santa and hero! I gotta say, w/ all the craziness going on in the world, this story makes my Xmas. :redheartpump:

Last edited:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I must admit I want to get "it" over with. 4 days indoors, confined to same room is driving him nuts....he's currently meowing away. I believe he'll be an overall well behaved kitty when all is said and done. Looking forward to slowly introducing him to the "crew".
Tomorrow is the big day!

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I followed your previous adventures with Bug and am glad to see Maverick is also going to have a wonderful new home! He really is a good looking kitty with those handsome stripes! I hope all went well today at the vets.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
just returned. He's tested negative for Leukemia and HIV. Got all his shots and operation. He's a little slow after the whole thing, still sitting in his carrier, door opened and food in front of him. Thankfully, all looks well going forward.... welcome home Mav!

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
just returned. He's tested negative for Leukemia and HIV. Got all his shots and operation. He's a little slow after the whole thing, still sitting in his carrier, door opened and food in front of him. Thankfully, all looks well going forward.... welcome home Mav!
:clap2:GO Mav! Much to get used to, but you are in good hands!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank goodness he's tested negative. Yea, let him rest for awhile and probably he's still a little dazed from the jabs and surgery. He'll come around soon.

Hey Mav, good to see ya back home!
kitty3.gif

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In retrospect, he's lucky to be alive! Surviving traffic on my block. He actually mimicked Bug in that he slept in the same neighbors dilapidated garage, walking the block between my house (to be fed) and theirs, slowly transforming to mine when i activated the heated house again. When it got cold here, he was consistently in his house warming/sleeping from 3:30pm till ? early morning.
Amazing he never got run over, frankly. Very fortunate, could have been much worse scenario.
All in the past now!
And his negative testing results....whew! Breathed a major sigh of relief on that one when vet advised.

Safe to say...Mav is quite a lucky kitty!

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
He wanted in. You could tell from the pictures. You’re getting to be a pro at this. :) How’s he doing?

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
he's (understandably) quite sleepy, he's eaten 3 times already today (small portions of both wet & dry food).
I'll give him the day to get back to normal before engaging him.

A pro? Hardly, but thanks for your comment Margot Lane Margot Lane

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He actually mimicked Bug in that he slept in the same neighbors dilapidated garage, walking the block between my house (to be fed) and theirs, slowly transforming to mine when i activated the heated house again.
Probably Bug left a scent for him telling him to go this way and you'll safe and saved :agree:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Confined to a spare bedroom, Mav occasionally meanders out into a mid-room, looking for an exit to the outside, no doubt. I'm presently sleeping in his room, attempting to calm him as he becomes disruptive around 4am, meowing incessantly. I believe it'll pass as his hours become more "normalized". Currently I realize I'm just scratching the surface, a long long way to go here.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Confined to a spare bedroom, Mav occasionally meanders out into a mid-room, looking for an exit to the outside, no doubt. I'm presently sleeping in his room, attempting to calm him as he becomes disruptive around 4am, meowing incessantly. I believe it'll pass as his hours become more "normalized". Currently I realize I'm just scratching the surface, a long long way to go here.
You can do it! Photos please :camera::camera::camera:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
UPDATES.....seems Mav is not as used to me as I'd like to think as I'm still unable to pet/handle him. He runs back to his safe space whenever confronted. I'll try buying him off (petting) with some special foods.
Upon confronting the other house cats, he displays no aggressive behaviour, limited to staring contests. He actually went nose to nose with another (older) kitty too!
His hours are backwards, sleeping on/off during the day....up all night. Working on that as well.