meet Buggy

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Buggy has that look of, been there done that. A wise old soul! He looks great and content. I just posted a link in a post to this thread. A member is trying to tame a feral and I think they need some encouragement. I think just reading your thread will do it but, I'm going to call you and tabbytom tabbytom to the thread and maybe you could give some words of encouragement if you get a minute.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The 4th Gotcha Day for the Bug occurred today! The now middle aged bum and leader of the kitty committee fully enjoying his retirement!
Happy gotcha day Bug! :celebrate::dance::party2::party::jump::jive::dance:

Great to see you guys as it has been awhile. I hope you guys are keeping yourselves safe.

Bugs really has changed so much since the last time and his look is just showing how much he has matured.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great to hear from y'all!
For those who may not be aware, tabbytom tabbytom consistently advised me through the whole process of getting Bug indoors, back then a nasty, violent, wandering SOB. And during domestication too. Definitely a rough, trying process, I'm far from experienced in feral domestication. Well, you can read the long thread if you choose. But I want to thank tabbytom tabbytom yet again for his commitment in sticking with me.

The Bug has a long life ahead, safe, consistent, social with his kitty buds here. Still frequently snuggling with Princess, we believe his sibling, though we'll never know for sure. I'll post a recent pic in the kitties together thread.

And I'll still be lurking here time to time! Again, thank you tabbytom tabbytom . I consider Bug to be part yours!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Great to hear from y'all!
For those who may not be aware, tabbytom tabbytom consistently advised me through the whole process of getting Bug indoors, back then a nasty, violent, wandering SOB. And during domestication too. Definitely a rough, trying process, I'm far from experienced in feral domestication. Well, you can read the long thread if you choose. But I want to thank tabbytom tabbytom yet again for his commitment in sticking with me.

The Bug has a long life ahead, safe, consistent, social with his kitty buds here. Still frequently snuggling with Princess, we believe his sibling, though we'll never know for sure. I'll post a recent pic in the kitties together thread.

And I'll still be lurking here time to time! Again, thank you tabbytom tabbytom . I consider Bug to be part yours!
B23897A4-51D3-4BD3-9BCF-7803C930DEA6$L0$001~photo.GIF

So glad that it all worked out and also thank you for your patience with Bug and for not giving up on him :clapcat:

I guess that he knows too that your house is the right place for him and therefore he appeared outside your house. He made the right choice.

Yes, Bug is very much part mine (hehehe) as since my very first post here and through out, it seems that I'm there with him. Give him my hugs and kisses.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yo! A huge shoutout to tabbytom tabbytom ! Great to see you are still here advising others. I'm doing well ...you? And January?
Attached a pic of both, they continue to be inseparable. I'm now thinking Princess may be Bugs momma as she's appearing older these days. Bugs' 5th "gotcha" anniversary upcoming in 3 months. Doesn't seem possible, time a' flyin', I believe he's 7 or 8 yo now!

1121blackcats.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellocomputer::bigeyes: Early happy Gotcha day :party2::dance::party: So great to see the panthers again they are beautiful. I was along for the ride with Bugs but Oh My Gosh I can't believe it's been almost 5 yrs! I didn't remember that it was so close to Gypsy although hers was more of several months rather than a day. We 1st started feeding and then meeting her in Sept/Oct 2016 (reason I discovered TCS) took her to the vet in early Nov, she decided to move in when it started getting colder around the same time although we were still letting her out when she wanted to go (we didn't know any better and it's a quiet neighborhood) then In Jan 2017 she came home limping (back to the vet) and we stopped letting her out. She was ok with staying in until spring when the weather started warming up and then she wanted to go outside! I researched and started taking her out in a walking jacket, she took to it pretty quickly and we now go out daily in one of her many harnesses. The vet guessed her at 1 or 2 back then so she's now 6 or 7.
Princess as mama, amazing.:purr:Take care and photos are always welcomed.

Rivergram

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found my way here by accident and landed on your thread about Bugs. For the last two days I've obsessively consumed the entire thread ! I've laughed, I've cried,I've celebrated Bugs accomplishes along the way!
Anyone wanting to become involved with a feral kitty should be required to read your thread. What an incredible journey of love and compassion you have given us all ! I even joined the group because of you and Bugs! Thank you for your beautiful testament!! ❤

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site R Rivergram . WOW! I am truly honored on your assessment of the epic Bug thread. Quite the ongoing, long, positive ride. Just this morning, he laid in bed between my lower legs warming himself up, something he's never done prior. He's truly transformed from an outdoor, unapproachable, nasty feral into a loving, purring house kitty. Sure took his time, eh? Still likes his space, however.

Rivergram

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's a truly amazing transformation you and Bugs achieved! He is a very handsome fellow indeed!
Your patience and dedication is something we all should learn,well done !!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I also discovered & addictively consumed the entire thread, better than movies and popcorn! Here’s to black cats, who bring good luck to their owners, and to Bugs and his (maybe) mom especially!