meet Buggy

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seems like I'm gonna have to go several.pages to get completely caught up but I remember when Bug first started coming around and how you gradually brought him in...so happy to hear he's doing great as well as the others

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is great news! I know how you feel. I've had Manny for about a year and a half now and just in the last month has become a lap cat and not skittish of every little noise. He still has his moments but continues to come out of his shell. It's such a rewarding feeling for sure. You've done such a great job with Buggy and Princess. I'm sure she will continue to progress. This is still the best story I've read on here. Truly inspirational. Great job! :yess:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks y'all. and the latest on the Bug....routinely jumps up on my bed, lookin for pets/attention. Health is fine, still the leader of the pack. He actually "reminds" me its getting near dinner time every night. 2 years indoor as of this coming January.

Thinking back, I just can't believe the transition of both.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As tabbytom tabbytom has responded to the thread, I'd like to publicly thank him, once again, as freely helping me with solid advise, time and time again, in my difficult efforts with the Bug.

Documented in the thread, at one point during the ordeal, I was frustrated with Bug's extensive "retreat" and was actually prepared and contemplating to "open the door" and release him.

.....@tabbytom firmly advised me to see it through. Am I ever glad I heeded his advise! THANK YOU, sir!

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
new events...Bug, as the leader of the pack, doing his job, seeks me out and reminds me its dinner time consistently, every night.
He must have been especially hungry last night....he jumped up on my lap!
Admittedly, he got my attention!

He's also been sleeping and lounging on my bed a lot recently.

I never thought I'd see the day...Bug, on my lap and on my bed? Bug, is that really YOU?

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just today, snugglin'...Bug a month away from 2 years in, Princess about 1 1/2.
Safe to say pretty happy here at Club Med for kitties. These 2 are , for the most part, inseparable.

I do believe they're thinkin'....go away and leave us the hell alone!

Attachments

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bug from time to time *purring* upon being petted, especially when schmoozing me for dinner.

The other night, jumped up in bed and snuggled against my leg...when I woke up, gone he was.

Retired, near 2 years indoors....and further domesticating. I never envisioned he'd come so far. I'll get a post and a pic up on his anniversary.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Happy 2nd Anniversary, Bugs! :celebrate:
In his honor I'm gonna have a celebratory Guinness Extra Stout (maybe 2 or 3) with a bowl of my favorite Lays cheddar and sour cream chips tonight!

His difficult path to domestication was worth every bit of effort.

I'll never forget him, very early on, coming out of his self imposed isolation the moment I put the screen up between rooms. He saw/smelled/sniffed the other pets upon introducing. Like a light switch...instantly curious and interested....he voluntarily came out of isolation...possibly understood he was going to be accepted. From that point forward he tamed, no more aggressive behavior...he became manageable.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tilting my glass as I type.....toasting a thanks to the collective wisdom here at TCS, with me (us) all the way.

Princess sleeping on a warm blanket in a chair next to me. Bug is crashed out elsewhere....early to bed, theses guys tear it up very early...then sleep again by 8AM. Nothing unusual there, I'm sure your guys the same.

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
New, good stuff to report....I allow Bug to go outdoors with me for short intervals....he stays nearby, I scratch and pet him reassuring him and giving attention. He'll go into the garden, eat some grass and within 10 minutes maximum, urges me to let him back inside. NO attempts to get away, he knows how good he's got it indoors...my Club Med for kitties.
Complete reversal...if you remember, 3 years ago he was OUT 24/7...only coming IN to eat for 10 minutes...now its the polar opposite....amazing.