meet Buggy

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Any loud noises do upset him, he still gets "concerned" when I'm carrying something in hand.....no doubt something was thrown at him long ago.....but otherwise very calm and assured.

He's quite social...follows/plays/hangs with his buddy Aslan.  Actually responding when his name is called!  We're now exclusively using his proper name Bagheera.

Meows on occasion, frequently when hungry,  Loves playtime with the soft wand toy....bigger wand toys (at the end) intimidate him...further proof of some sort of past abuse i think.

His further acceptance of us and the household has been so rapid and seamless.....further enforcing my belief he had to have been a house cat at one time or another.

When living the outdoor life...his initial search morphed from sheer sustenance, onward to taking us up on our offering outdoor safe shelter and security....eventually allowing me to add a little "persuasion" of course. Neutering had the most drastic effect on his transformation. Dangerous roaming ceased...at this point he could care less about going out.

When warmer spring arrives, he'll have his own sunny, open screened window to lie in. Will he express interest in going outdoors?  An experiment...I'll attempt to harness him and take him for a walk at some point.      
That's a very good progress and transition.

Yea, guess he is still weary about certain things and maybe reminded him of the past when he was wandering. Guess just have to be more minded about those things and try not to short his fuse.

Well, we love more photos of him together with the gang and once again, thank you for taking him in and giving him a warm and loving home :beerpals:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck with that. Some cats don't like harnesses. My old cat went berserk when I put one on her.
My son routinely walks Bugs' good buddy Aslan (the ossicat) into our backyard, which borders deep woods, on a harness...simply a matter of familiarity. When the harness is brought out, he knows he's going for a fun adventure. He's allowed "loose" and doesn't stray at all...loves to roll in the lawn.  

I'd like Bug to join him, if he's a willing participant. Certainly worth a try. 

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's a very good progress and transition.

Yea, guess he is still weary about certain things and maybe reminded him of the past when he was wandering. Guess just have to be more minded about those things and try not to short his fuse.

Well, we love more photos of him together with the gang and once again, thank you for taking him in and giving him a warm and loving home
He seems quite happy and relieved, knowing he's found a secure home. I'm convinced his prior wanderings would have ended in some form of disaster, eventually.

We're all cognizant of his minor "issues" and act accordingly to avoid stressing him.

I'll get some play pics up....mouth open, fangs exposed and claws extended....like a little Nosferatu  : ) 

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm now the recipient of "love bites"    And he's now playing with a larger feather type wand toy....knows he's not going to get abused or attacked.  Knows his name...comes when he's called! 

He was shedding a bit...my son combed him ....cleaned him up real nice. Wow, what a beautiful coat.

Some pics'll follow soon.     

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
^ absolutely, Ondine.   I was under the impression of, and prepared for the integration process to take a year or even more.

Though I'll never know for sure, I'm convinced he was a rejected or lost, likely abused former house cat. Its the only explanation for his incredibly quick progress...he's already "been there and done that".

I'm amazed at his good behavior, allowing a visiting lady to pet him, understanding basics "no", "good boy", etc...actually responding to his name, his new play habits, willingness to engage in social situations with both humans and the other house cats.

Phone issues, pics will follow.      

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok you keep saying piks to follow...where are they?[emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128521[/emoji][emoji]128540[/emoji][emoji]128540[/emoji]

I need to stress that yea you may be right about him being owned/housecat...we must remember cats are reseilant they adapt quite well to their surroundings...it's fine to speculate and interject bit at the end if the day...HE FEELS YOUR LOVE..and that is why you are havingthe breakthrough that you are having with him
[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128008[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128008[/emoji][emoji]128008[/emoji][emoji]9757[/emoji][emoji]9757[/emoji][emoji]9757[/emoji][emoji]10083[/emoji][emoji]10083[/emoji]

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Two items to report....
my wife was able to actually pick up and hug the Bug!
my son advises yet ANOTHER black cat out in our woods today....origins and further details unknown

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Two items to report....
my wife was able to actually pick up and hug the Bug!
my son advises yet ANOTHER black cat out in our woods today....origins and further details unknown
:wow:That's super good news! You never imagined that to happen right? So are we :cutecat:

Another black cat? :think: Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Another mission?

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:wow:That's super good news! You never imagined that to happen right? So are we :cutecat:

Another black cat? :think: Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Another mission?
oh no. gotta check him out later today. I'm full up.

Next plateau for Bug.....to become a lap cat (to some degree). No, TT, we never imagined picking up...so why not lap?

Another first, Bugs' door to his room purposely left open last night so he could roam the house, sleep where he wanted and still access L-box, food and his "throne" (my chair). He was a good boy, no issues! He's earned full trust.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wonderful update on Bug. Very impressed that he let your wife pick him up. If you get him on a leash, we need pictures of that. In fact, any new pictures at all are welcome. ;)

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
oh no. gotta check him out later today. I'm full up.

Next plateau for Bug.....to become a lap cat (to some degree). No, TT, we never imagined picking up...so why not lap?

Another first, Bugs' door to his room purposely left open last night so he could roam the house, sleep where he wanted and still access L-box, food and his "throne" (my chair). He was a good boy, no issues! He's earned full trust.
Yea, it's always slow and easy. Let him get use to bring carried, petting than lap. Anyway, you know what to do.

Good to hear that now he has all access pass to the house :clap:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wonderful. Nothing is better than having a cat laying in your lap. That is until you are ready to get up, but don't want to disturb the cat. :D

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There was a time months ago i'd have never imagined this behavior. He was quite nasty...couldn't go near him.
Also got him enthusiastically jumping when playing with the wand toy!

On my lap? Purring? Able to pick up? Cat toys? Inconceivable 5 months ago. He's got a baby "meow"...still a young cat, though big..I'll get a tape measure on him one o' these days.

In winter, before capture..talking to him when indoors eating...I told him "someday, you're gonna be my little boy"....
damn if I didn't come true!

He seems content indoors...though curious of the outdoors. Gonna slowly work on harnessing to take him out. He loves to lay out in the warm sun. I owe it to him to at least attempt to get him safely outside on nice days...a future catio too.