Medium Haired?

Ajames1028

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_8335.JPG
IMG_8361.JPG
IMG_8335.JPG
I have always wanted a long haired fluffy white kitty since I was a little girl! I thought maybe this little fella was it, but I'm thinking he is probably going to be short haired. Do you think there's any chance he could at least be medium haired? Of course I am already in love with him either way. He's 6 months old. His fur feels like rabbit fur. Softest fur I've ever had on a kitty! His tail isn't particularly fluffy, and he has fur between his paws, but I don't think I would call them tufts. What do you think?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
I'm going to take a shot at it and say he'll be at least medium-length.
What a darling cat - I'm so glad he has you!!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Genetically, cats are either shorthaired or longhaired. Within each group there is variation in coat texture, density and length. My guess from the pictures is that your kitty is a shorthaired cat with a soft, silky coat type. However, sometimes a longhaired cat is a late bloomer and appears shorthaired as a kitten but will suddenly develop a bushy tail and ruff.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its the same cat?

On first pic I would say mediumhair.

Not least because tail is somewhat bushy / longhaired.

On second pic not that clear.

But as Lutece says some are latebloomers.

It has also some with the winter and summerseason to do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ajames1028

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah it's the same cat. He really does look more long haired from some angles and short haired at other angles! When he's up walking around his tail looks like like a normal tabby cat's tail. When he lays down it looks bushier! Who knows...

Attachments