Meat Grinder Suggestions...

everariana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I've finally built up the courage to grind my cats' raw food myself (including bone). I've been feeding them grinds from Hare-Today for the past 8 months but shipping costs from PA to CA are getting expensive. Catinfo.com Dr. Pierson's apprehension to buying grinds also kinda scared me lol! So my only choice is to grind meat myself.

That being said...unfortunately the #1 recommended grinder, the Tasin-TS 108, is discontinued on One Stop Jerky Shop's website :( I can't seem to find it anywhere else and I can't afford the $400 Weston #12 one. Has anyone tried this Weston #12 model that has a way lower cost? Is it comparable to the $400 model? If not, do you have any recommendations for grinders that can take soft bone? I'm honestly devastated because right when I worked up the courage to go fully independent...I can't find the most essential tool at an affordable price. Thank you in advance!

MOD Note - 5/10/2021 - Please see post #10 in this thread. The grinder is no longer discontinued and the store is not closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

everariana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I called One Stop Jerky Stop and turns out the reason the grinder is being discontinued is that the store is closing :(

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Weston #12 costs $179 on sale here: Weston #12 Heavy Duty Electric Grinder 1 HP|33-1301-W

I'm sure there are comparable grinders to the Tasin. Just look for something with similar features /parts. Maybe a hunting forum / web site would be helpful? There must be hunters who grind the meat they kill and could recommend a good inexpensive grinder.

There is a similar raw meat supplier to Hare-Today on the West Coast. I can't remember the name of it :think:

Here's a resource for other raw meat suppliers:

everariana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Last night I started looking at other grinders but I am so uninformed about what the different parts do so I need to learn some basics. Also, that's the Weston I included in my first post but it's a slightly different model than the other Weston #12 that I've seen people talk about. Nevertheless, I'm going to learn the differences and make a decision soon!

everariana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh LTS3 LTS3 I need to thank you again because the link you provided has a raw food supplier that is located right in Southern California! Only 2 hours away from where I live!! I've swept this forum so many times looking for a raw supplier in California that was actually accessible to me (I've had issues with co-ops) and this is perfect! Now I won't need to spend so much on shipping and can shelf my DIY grinding plans for now. You're a life saver!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weston makes a very competent manual grinder. You can always start with a manual at about $35 and move to an electric as and when you’ve determined you need it.

Weston #10 Manual Tinned Meat Grinder and Sausage Stuffer (36-1001-W), 4.5mm & 10mm plates, + 3 sausage funnels,Silver
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQSW44/?tag=thecatsite

everariana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you grind bones in a manual grinder?

everariana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

onestopjerkyshop

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I've finally built up the courage to grind my cats' raw food myself (including bone). I've been feeding them grinds from Hare-Today for the past 8 months but shipping costs from PA to CA are getting expensive. Catinfo.com Dr. Pierson's apprehension to buying grinds also kinda scared me lol! So my only choice is to grind meat myself.

That being said...unfortunately the #1 recommended grinder, the Tasin-TS 108, is discontinued on One Stop Jerky Shop's website :( I can't seem to find it anywhere else and I can't afford the $400 Weston #12 one. Has anyone tried this Weston #12 model that has a way lower cost? Is it comparable to the $400 model? If not, do you have any recommendations for grinders that can take soft bone? I'm honestly devastated because right when I worked up the courage to go fully independent...I can't find the most essential tool at an affordable price. Thank you in advance!
We are no longer closing our doors and the Tasin TS-108 Meat Grinder is bavk. If you can please remove this post or edit the main subject line as it hurts us during search of the grinder saying it is discontinued when it no longer is. If you have questions please ask and we look forward to serving everyone soon.

Tasin TS-108 Electric Meat Grinder

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are no longer closing our doors and the Tasin TS-108 Meat Grinder is bavk. If you can please remove this post or edit the main subject line as it hurts us during search of the grinder saying it is discontinued when it no longer is. If you have questions please ask and we look forward to serving everyone soon.

Tasin TS-108 Electric Meat Grinder
You may want to message an admin about this. Most of us cannot delete our posts, especially after a good amount of time has passed.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may want to message an admin about this. Most of us cannot delete our posts, especially after a good amount of time has passed.
I flagged the post for the moderator earlier this morning. O onestopjerkyshop , you can Flag your own post to get a moderator's attention. Otherwise, you're only talking to those who have commented or read this thread.