Mean Cat

robyns5cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 4 indoor cats and live in a mobile home. One cat, a female, weighs 20 lbs ( I have her on diet food) hates other cats and people. I am feeding 3 feral cats. My neighbor  turned me into the office for feeding these cats as she says I attract wild animals ( This is another story), so I stared bringing them inside. Last night I brought on of the outside kitties in while I have the others in separate rooms. The 20 lb'r can't be with any other cat. After I let my  kitty outside, I let Callie out of her room. She smelled the other cat and went wild. She hissed and growled at me and chased me into the bathroom where I was held up for 10 minutes. I slowly opened the door grabbbed a piece of furniture to protect myself and coaxed her back into her room. I am afraid of her, this is not the first time this has happened. I want to neuter the outside kitty and bring him, I'm afraid of going thru this again and again. There is no one that would want her. I got her when she was about 3 threes old, now she's about 8 yrs. I don't want to put her down but she rules my house. I have tried to introduce her to my other kitties and she growls  and I mean she's like a tiger. Can any one help me?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have all the other cats spayed/neutered before attempting introductions. Hormones complicate everything in cat relationships. Then follow all the steps in the introduction process: http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats

Please don't consider have her killed. It's very natural for her to object to new cats in her home. You wouldn't like it if new people moved into your home without your permission!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

robyns5cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All my cats are neutered and spayed. My indoor cats have been together for at total of ten years. I have had Callie for about 4 or 6 years and she as never likes the other cats.  I am afraid of her when she smells a new cat as she is like a tiger. I have to separate her from my other cats. If I bring another cat into the house and she smells him she will attack me like she did last night. The outside kitty is old, not neutered or declawed.  I have been feeding him about a year now and I love him also. She hates everyone, people ( she attacked my sister when she came over) other cats. I am about to my end with her. Please is there anything I can do.   Thank You.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I admire you for what you to do help feral cats. But, it's clear that Callie gets stressed out when you bring them inside. In a perfect world, every cat would have a home, but I have to ask: Why are you putting the ferals ahead of Callie? Why are you considering putting her down because she can't handle new cats in the home?

I'm not intending to be mean or judgmental, so I hope I'm not coming across that way. I love that you care for feral cats.

tjcarst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please do not bring cats into your home that aren't neutered/spayed.  This is likely causing Callie much stress and is different than the other inside kitties she already knows.  The hormones from the outside 'unfixed' kitties are much different than the kitties she already knows (but doesn't like).