Me, Sylvester, a few others and a mid size sleeper sofa bed lol!!!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I snore like crazy and Deb has her moments too we for the last almost a year now have been taking "turns" sleeping upstairs on the wonderful Sleep number bed while the other one sleeps downstairs on a pull out sofa bed, mine is 38" wide while Deb likes the bigger one which is much wider. I read about replacement mattresses and found out that the ones that come with the sofas are so-so, not junk but not the best either, but there are much better replacement ones so I bought one and it IS much better so that is good! So last night was the second time that I was sleeping on it since I got it and I found a nice flat pillow and thought "this is it now, this is the way to go!" and it is as far as those two things but I woke up so torqued and twisted I couldn't roll over to my right! Deb just happened to be coming downstairs to use the bathroom so I said "hi", she said "can't you sleep?" and I said "come here and tell me what is going on" and she said "your buddy Sylvester is laying long ways (not like I was) against your head, Stanley is jammed into your left side and Simba is on your right leg side"! so that was working against me, but what do you do, kick them all off? I love it that my guy Sylvester wants to be close to me but not jammed against my head lol! When she uses her bigger bed and even a time or two when I used it the bed is big enough for two people but then more cats just jump up with you and lay jammed right next to you, all that room yet they HAVE TO jam right up against you so you can't move! We don't have a true "spare" room in our Cape Cod, the only room is where their litter boxes are, but if we had a room to close the door and keep them out would help, but where are we going to put 5 litter boxes? Plus they are so used to going in there for that I doubt moving them would work, so we have to make the best of it like this.

But the replacement mattress is a HUGE upgrade lol!!!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you can try gently moving the cat jammed against your head to another spot, provided one is open. They get close to us not only because they love it but because we are so nice and warm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you can try gently moving the cat jammed against your head to another spot, provided one is open. They get close to us not only because they love it but because we are so nice and warm.
Well last night as other nights the one jammed against my head was Sylvester, and he I think if I tried to move him would get scared and upset thinking I didn't want him there, and he as my wife Deb will tell you has "special privlidges" so I let him slide lol! A few others I can try to move and they will either accept it or jump down, but I didn't want to bother my little buddy.

And if Deb read this she would roll her eyes and say "oh brother, yes, we know...." :rolleyes:

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain! Toothless likes to sleep between us, Cinder at my feet, and Gram either on the other side of me or on my pillow. I'm claustrophobic so the pillow would be preferable, except he randomly decides to aggressively groom my head in the middle of the night. :rolleyes:

Samrana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you guys idiots? My cats know my space, my bed! I’ve never been scratched and they are well behaved at the vets even on vaccinations days.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I do understand. For the last years of her life my old girl would only sleep under the covers curled up against my chest. So every time I rolled over or either one of us got up to pee, I would need to wake up and hold up the covers so she could get in her spot. It must have been dozens of times a night and I wouldn’t have skipped a single one of them.

Samrana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Then you have been blessed.
No just training, I can stick my finger in the ear without anything, belly rub is a must for my cat as he loves it and vet vaccinations go ahead with no bother with all 10 cats I had, no vet was ever hurt in our visits

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
So Olive does this. I lay on my side and she curls up behind my knees. Cute, right? But in my sleep I must want space and shift a little away, so she curls up closer. Pretty soon I’m on the edge of the bed and she has all the blankets! But I can’t possibly move her right?

What sometimes helps is I put another blanket they she loves on top of our normal blankets. If she needs to be shifted in the middle of the night I just pull the blanket somewhere better and she goes with it like a bump on the log. Not perfect but it helps!

Samrana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Never let a cat dictate anything, crush them and then you gets cuddly cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Never let a cat dictate anything, crush them and then you gets cuddly cat!
Yeah, I'll give you Simba who is the friendliest cat in the world until you try to pick him up or do anything to him and we'll see who gets "crushed". :cool: