Maybe ringworm on my kitten…?

Julnwed13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!

I’m new to this forum, first time posting, and also new to being a cat mom. I adopted my 3 month old kitten 5 days ago. On the day I went to go pick her up I noticed a bald spot on her ear. I thought it was her rough playing with her sister. 🙈 yesterday her foster mom emailed me saying she was going to take her sister to the vet because her sister is losing fur on her ears and she thinks its ringworms but isn’t sure. She believes they might have gotten it when they went to the vet to get their booster shot the day before I went to go pick up my kitten. The news has stressed me out because I don’t know what to do. Also because I have kids at home and I read it can be contagious and passed on from cat to person. I tried to take pictures of her ears, but it was not easy. 😅 Sorry about the quality. I don’t know what to do. Is there a treatment she needs to take? Or is it only advice that she go to the vet? Any advice or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, the only advice is to get her to the Vet. IF it's ringworm, she will need to take some medication, and you and your kids may need to take it also. AND any other pets you may have. For people, sometimes simply using Lamisil Cream (over the counter) will work on any spots you may get, but sometimes you need oral meds as well.

Here is a large article on Ringworm and what to do, including the treatments. But first thing is to get her diagnosed. In the meantime, you might want to keep her isolated in a bathroom or somewhere that is easy to clean.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Julnwed13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, the only advice is to get her to the Vet. IF it's ringworm, she will need to take some medication, and you and your kids may need to take it also. AND any other pets you may have. For people, sometimes simply using Lamisil Cream (over the counter) will work on any spots you may get, but sometimes you need oral meds as well.

Here is a large article on Ringworm and what to do, including the treatments. But first thing is to get her diagnosed. In the meantime, you might want to keep her isolated in a bathroom or somewhere that is easy to clean.

[/URL]

Thank you so much! I will look into taking her to the vet this weekend.