Maybe A Stupid Question - Kittens Sharing A Room

Beanomly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have three cats of my own and three foster kittens. I work from home and would like to spend a little more time with the kittens, but because they’re only a few weeks old and too young to be tested for things like feline leukemia/FIV, I don’t want to risk my older cats. The older cats are not vaccinated for feline leukemia (yet, they have an appointment on Friday to do this).

My question is, can I let the kittens into the office with me safely? My other cats come into this room regularly, but I would shut them out when the kittens are in there and remove things like their food, water, and litter box. Do I need to be worried about them sharing toys or surfaces? I added a lovely drawing of the layout of my house in case that helps.

If I can’t do this, it’s not a huge deal. I just thought it might be nice and helpful for their socialization if they could be in the room with me while I work. I did this with my first litter, but they were the only ones I had at the time.

Attachments

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would wait, not because Leukemia is probably that much of a risk if they're not directly sharing saliva, but because kittens are often full of intestinal parasites and that'd be super annoying if something were to spread through the whole household.