May need to get out more...

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First I was explaining to Melody why she couldn't have the wet food she'd rejected back; I'd replaced it with kibble. (Canned food eater morning and evening with kibble midway up the cat tree as a snack.) And I mean explaining in FULL sentences to her. Then, I am telling the bits of kibble she didn't want that they are "rejects". And, I am still working 3 days out of my normal 5, so it isn't cabin fever 🤪.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds perfectly normal to me. My hubby like you is still working but not as much, I caught him having a conversation with the cat about how he's not allowed on the living room table, Don't blink at me that might work with mum :lol:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
And I mean explaining in FULL sentences to her.
The part about talking in full sentences to your cat is perfectly a-okay. :thumbsup:
Then, I am telling the bits of kibble she didn't want that they are "rejects". And, I am still working 3 days out of my normal 5, so it isn't cabin fever 🤪.
It's the part about talking to the 'rejected kibble' that has me slightly worried...and wanting to do a 'support group' for you and the kibble. :lol: :crackup::blush:

I mean how did a conversation like that go? and were the kibble understanding?
Was your cat Melody around and watching you, while you talked to the rejected kibble?
Did Melody nod her head, stare at you in concern, or just walk away?
Lol. :wink: 🤔 :D

LAL LAL ....Thanks so much for giving me a much needed laugh of the day, yesterday.
I was in stitches laughing, and picturing you talking to kibble. :biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The part about talking in full sentences to your cat is perfectly a-okay. :thumbsup:

It's the part about talking to the 'rejected kibble' that has me slightly worried...and wanting to do a 'support group' for you and the kibble. :lol: :crackup::blush:

I mean how did a conversation like that go? and were the kibble understanding?
Was your cat Melody around and watching you, while you talked to the rejected kibble?
Did Melody nod her head, stare at you in concern, or just walk away?
Lol. :wink: 🤔 :D

LAL LAL ....Thanks so much for giving me a much needed laugh of the day, yesterday.
I was in stitches laughing, and picturing you talking to kibble. :biggrin:
Melody was too busy eating the 'acceptable' kibble to pay attention to that conversation. (Sorry you poor things are not up to her standards, just rejects)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Melody was too busy eating the 'acceptable' kibble to pay attention to that conversation. (Sorry you poor things are not up to her standards, just rejects)
:blush: Sounds good.
Using the 'direct approach' to talking to the kibble, ...with a little bit of sympathy added in. :crackup:
I suppose it would be a bad idea to try and put the 'rejected kibble' back into rotation.
Especially if Melody spit them out, or tossed them all over the floor.

Melody sounds like a Quality Control cat, ...which I think most cats wish to be. :winkcat:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found that - maybe a no brainer - talking to Toffee and Fudge has helped them learn new vocab. My mother and I both work full time but now we're at home now on lockdown, Fudge is finally starting to learn his name properly due to conversations we've been having with him. Toffee perches on your knees in a meerkat pose and listens to you very intently when you're talking to him.