May 2021 book of the month club

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SPIT! I'm going to have to skip this one, there were other demands on my budget. That said, I will almost certainly go back and read it another again. It sounds right up my ally!
Sorry you aren't able to join us this month, but understand. Hope you'll be back next time.

I'm not too far into it yet (about 100 pages) but enjoying it so far.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just over a third of the way through ....... and struggling. Well, the book is heavy (but only in wejght) and I need a good light to be able to read it at night. I just hope I manage to finish it in time! I'm sure most of you will like it. It's not exactly my favorite type of fiction. But, think positive! The next 400 pages may change my mind.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonder if one of these would help?
View attachment 380152 View attachment 380151
Neck Reading Light
I can't believe this! It was only a few years ago when I was buying such lamps for my mother but I've already forgotten all about it. Looking through my electrical "stuff" I've found a computer light with a USB plug. Somewhere I must still have such a lamp which you can clip on a book. I'm not getting much done today so I may as well go to bed early, and try out my new-found lamp. Maybe it will help me not get so irritated by the story jumping around in space and time. (I'm on Chapter 25 and expecting (hoping for?) 3 Prince Charmings to appear any time now! :yess:
Thank you rubysmama rubysmama for reminding me.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're 10 chapters ahead of me, gilmargl gilmargl , as I'm about to start chapter 15. And, though I'm enjoying it, you're right, it sure jumps around a lot !!! :dizzy:

Glad I helped remind you of the reading light. Needing bright light to read is one of the reasons I prefer my e-reader, as you can adjust the light, and the font, to however you like.

Enjoy your night reading. And maybe if Prince Charming doesn't appear in the book, he will in your dreams. 😴

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Needing bright light to read is one of the reasons I prefer my e-reader, as you can adjust the light, and the font, to however you like.

Enjoy your night reading. And maybe if Prince Charming doesn't appear in the book, he will in your dreams. 😴
I prefer my reader, too, as I can then read in the dark and simply fall asleep. But sometimes an e-book is ridiculously expensive. The library does not have much in English so I have to buy my books. At least I can give a hard copy to someone else to read!
And, as for a Prince Charming - perhaps he appears in a fairy tale but never in my deams! 🤣

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How far along are you now, gilmargl gilmargl ? I'm partway through chapter 26.

Who else is reading? And how far along are you?

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just past the half-way stage. Stopped in the middle of Chapter 30
no Prince Charmings and the Big Bad Wolf hasn't appeared yet.
I feel as though I'm getting nowhere fast. I just hope I manage to finish it. So many pages still to go! Yesterday I had to start a new book as I do need a bit more excitement/humor in my life.:read:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Read for a bit this afternoon, and just finished chapter 28.

Sometimes I get a bit confused with who's who, but for the most part enjoying it.

My favourite era is
1900 Blackhurst Manor especially now that Eliza has met Rose.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm now at Chapter 35!
At last some humor and 2 Prince Charmings!
No particular favourite era because each one provides a new hint or clue to the truth. But I agree with rubysmama rubysmama , that part of the story was particularly interesting.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've just started chapter 34.

Well, I'm now at Chapter 35!
At last some humor and 2 Prince Charmings!
LOL. I wasn't going to read your spoiler, but saw it when I quoted your message and ...

... I was about to post that Prince Charming had arrived, but you're right, there's 2 of them! :lol:

Also the secret garden has been reached. I've always dreamed of having a secret garden, but my property is normal city lot size, so not possible. Maybe a secret garden patch? ;)

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just started chapter 34.

LOL. I wasn't going to read your spoiler, but saw it when I quoted your message and ...

... I was about to post that Prince Charming had arrived, but you're right, there's 2 of them! :lol:

Also the secret garden has been reached. I've always dreamed of having a secret garden, but my property is normal city lot size, so not possible. Maybe a secret garden patch? ;)
No more spoilers if they keep opening up when you don't want them to. But, by Chapter 37, things are getting more exciting - I will probably finish the book quite quickly now - but - where's the big bad wolf?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No more spoilers if they keep opening up when you don't want them to.
That's ok. Keep them coming, if you like. Now that I know, I'll just not quote your message, if I don't want to risk seeing what's inside the spoiler.

But, by Chapter 37, things are getting more exciting - I will probably finish the book quite quickly now - but - where's the big bad wolf?
I'm glad you're enjoying it now. It was a bit slow going, but really, really a good book. Loving how it's all coming together. As for the big bad wolf, you're not done yet, so who knows, he may still show up. :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm still catching up to gilmargl gilmargl , as I finished chapter 35 last night. And now I'm wondering about those
scars on Rose's stomach. Hmmm.... :headscratch: