Mavis

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mavis passed away today, she was my 12 year old budgie, she was my mum and dads but when I moved out I took her with me as they work full time. I believe 12 is a fantastic age for a budgie. My mum is taking her tomorrow to bury her in her garden, Mavis got a tumour on her face 3 weeks ago, the vet wanted to put her to sleep as he said there was no treatment but up until she passed this evening she was eating and drinking and happy to be with her friends Custard and Charlie. I will miss her very much and I am sure especially Charlie will as he was her mate for life. I am so glad of 12 great years with her. xx

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about budgies, but 12 does seem a great old age for a little bird. I'm sure you have bonded and loved Mavis over these years and that you're missing her terribly now.

Rest in Peace, Mavis

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Twelve years certainly reflects great care!

I am sure she is flying over the RB right now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou, mum and dad are coming up later to take her home to bury her, it seems right as she was their bird for a long time and tbh I have nowhere to bury her, my pets usually get cremated at the vets. Charlie is a bit down today and keeps fighting with custard, I will have to keep an eye on him, birds must grieve too. x

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved budgie. You've done well with Mavis.
Yes I'm sure the other birds know.