Mature cat diarrhea and scooting bottom

ableadow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 14 year old female indoor only cat who just started having diarrhea and scooting her bottom on the floor. Her previous dry food was discontinued about a month ago and we have been feeding her new dry food. She will not touch wet food. How long should I monitor this before we call the vet. It has been less than 24 hours. Otherwise she is acting normal and has an appetite.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
Do you have a vet you trust that you could talk to? Can you maybe find one that's open on Saturday mornings?

The bum scooting concerns me. Can you try a different brand of food?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ableadow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
Do you have a vet you trust that you could talk to? Can you maybe find one that's open on Saturday mornings?

The bum scooting concerns me. Can you try a different brand of food?
I will contact our regular vet in the morning! She has never done this before.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know if you have noticed anything about her poop but be sure to take a fecal sample to the vet. Get a parasite check while you are there. You might watch that scooting to see if she shows any worms or has any leftover poop on her bottom. Very uncomfortable for them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ableadow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had a normal BM last night and has not been scooting at all this morning. She is acting like her normal self and eating/drinking regularly. We are continuing to watch her for any unusual symptoms. Thanks for all the recommendations!