Matted Cat Hair

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Yep, that's about the size of it!*
When our baby girl was 4 months old or so she shred the **** out of me because we were having a potential flea problem and I NEEDED to comb/see/treat her.
She fought. I insisted. She fought harder. I didn't back down.
She let out the "HELP I'M A BABY AND SOMEONE IS KILLING ME" and I let go and she ran of, laughing her little butt off. OMG, brat. (BTW, I *love* this cat!!)

She wasn't having it. Wasn't having this daily grooming crap. Sickly little 4 pound cat kicked my ass by shredding my arms and legs...and hands...and feet.
I'm ashamed, but...not ashamed. (Cause it was funny.)

If anyone notices scars on my arms today (which I have, from her) I tell them BS stories of crazy stallions slamming me into barbed wire, and trying to contain cattle and being slammed into a fence. "Remember that nutso stallion? ....yep, clean slammed me into the barn wall. I'm lucky I didn't break an elbow......"

Truth? 9 week old kitten beat me up.
I can admit that. Kind of.

This happened a few weeks ago again.
I think I might have a problem.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've found the best way for my Simone who disapproves of any fur fussing done by me, despite the fact that she is at least 16 and may be more like 18, has some medical issues etc, and chooses to only clean her privates and her face.
The rest is all me, and she is a Persian with that silky undercoat that screams to be dealt with daily.....
Comb run along the skin working it under the mat, use sharp scissors and snip along the comb line, skin will not get through the teeth.
I would never ever cut without protecting her tissue like skin.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When our baby girl was 4 months old or so she shred the **** out of me because we were having a potential flea problem and I NEEDED to comb/see/treat her.
She fought. I insisted. She fought harder. I didn't back down.
She let out the "HELP I'M A BABY AND SOMEONE IS KILLING ME" and I let go and she ran of, laughing her little butt off. OMG, brat. (BTW, I *love* this cat!!)

She wasn't having it. Wasn't having this daily grooming crap. Sickly little 4 pound cat kicked my ass by shredding my arms and legs...and hands...and feet.
I'm ashamed, but...not ashamed. (Cause it was funny.)

If anyone notices scars on my arms today (which I have, from her) I tell them BS stories of crazy stallions slamming me into barbed wire, and trying to contain cattle and being slammed into a fence. "Remember that nutso stallion? ....yep, clean slammed me into the barn wall. I'm lucky I didn't break an elbow......"

Truth? 9 week old kitten beat me up.
I can admit that. Kind of.

This happened a few weeks ago again.
I think I might have a problem.
Yep, gotta admit it, 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 -- even the biggest, strongest, toughest, most macho man can be felled by a little kitten. All the more so if the kitten in question is a "sickly little 4 pound cat" :soldier:

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just bought the fulminator! So cool! Don't brush hard though.

Try watching this silly video if you want to watch how it works.

Undercoat deShedding Tool Small Long Hair Cats | FURminator®

My cat likes the result. She wasn't trusting of the brush at first. Her coat is silky, soft, and she has stopped scratching at her lion cut sized head. Because I furminated the extra under coat. She is cool in the summer heat =)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought the fulminator! So cool! Don't brush hard though.

Try watching this silly video if you want to watch how it works.

Undercoat deShedding Tool Small Long Hair Cats | FURminator®

My cat likes the result. She wasn't trusting of the brush at first. Her coat is silky, soft, and she has stopped scratching at her lion cut sized head. Because I furminated the extra under coat. She is cool in the summer heat =)
Yes, you shouldn't brush hard. And have something down all around the area because the fur WILL fly! But used right, it really does keep cats, especially longhairs, smooth, silky, and comfortable.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah,
I'm saving the fur in a baggie so that I can donate to help the environment.

How do I donate hair/fur/fleece?

To donate to our Clean Wave program, first sign up on our free gift/wish matching system ExcessAccess.org (even for a one time donation). We ask you to do this because warehouse spaces are limited and we cannot always accept boxes of clippings. Right now we need ponytails that are 3 inches or longer (we use these for the mats’ scrim), and we may need to reach you in future for emergency oil spills, so please sign up! Then log into directly to the hair donations department ExcessAccess.org

Clean Wave FAQ – Matter Of Trust

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Once I had a Yorkie that I had to learn to groom.

Uhh.. That was a struggle.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah,
I'm saving the fur in a baggie so that I can donate to help the environment.

How do I donate hair/fur/fleece?

To donate to our Clean Wave program, first sign up on our free gift/wish matching system ExcessAccess.org (even for a one time donation). We ask you to do this because warehouse spaces are limited and we cannot always accept boxes of clippings. Right now we need ponytails that are 3 inches or longer (we use these for the mats’ scrim), and we may need to reach you in future for emergency oil spills, so please sign up! Then log into directly to the hair donations department ExcessAccess.org

Clean Wave FAQ – Matter Of Trust
Thank you so much for sharing this, nunnc84 nunnc84 ! I hadn't heard of this before. I don't get much shed fur these days with 3 shorthairs, but my own hair is 3' long and very wiry. Maybe I should send it?!!