Massive personality change within a short time

danwe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is sort of the opposite to the normal problems I have with strays and ferals but it's so unusual I had to ask someone.

I feed and play with feral and stray cats around my area and there's been one in particular that's been slow to warm up to me. He wasn't aggressive in any way but very skittish and easily scared. In the last month he's gotten a bit better, but by that I mean he doesn't run as far as he did before when he sees me.

This brings me to yesterday. He shows up same as usual and is the same old scared cat. He eats some food and then leaves. However, when he comes back about two hours later he is the friendliest car I've ever seen. Purring and rolling over. Rubbing on my legs and loving being pet. He even meowed and I've never heard him make a noise before. I'm really confused by this extremely sudden change in behaviour.

It's definitely the same cat but is he high or something? He's still friendly today so I'm not sure about that. I guess it's a good thing but I'm still very confused. Anyone have any idea or should I just accept it and enjoy it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danwe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He might have come into contact with catnip somewhere. I'd be interested which personality you see the next time he comes around :)
He's still like that about 24 hours later so he's either found the catnip motherlode or he's just suddenly found his extroverted side. I'm just going to not look this gift horse in the mouth and enjoy it.