Massage Chair - zero gravity

darcifinn

Jax & Audie
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi -

My husband is an ex pro athlete and the doctor has suggested he get a zero gravity massage chair. We don’t mind spending a couple thousand dollars plus, my concern is has anybody been able to keep the cats out from under it? I would spend even more money on a chair I knew was safe for the cats. Does anyone have any thoughts?

thanks!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used one at my chiropractor's office. They are fairly contained, but if you could find a way to close off the back, that would be all you'd need to do I would think to keep cats out.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We have one and it's never been a problem. One of my cats will sit on top of me while I'm IN the chair getting massaged and it's funny to watch as he often does it when I'm doing a yoga massage which actually moves me all over the place, stretching and massaging at the same time. But perhaps it makes enough noise when it's on that they stay away? Not sure. All I can tell you for certain is that when it's not in use, they cannot get under it because it goes upright and there's just no space for them (I just checked)