Mary & Abby

Mary&Abby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Beautiful 16 year old Abby's chronic constipation has become much worse over the last few weeks. Getting good vet care, but started searching for more information on lactulose and found The CatSite. Looking forward to learning lots from everyone about Abby's senior years and how to keep her as healthy as possible. She's a 6 pound dear!!

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-059147.gif
Mary&Abby, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
graphics-welcome-676454.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

You can start a new thread and post your questions here in cat-health.4 where more members frequent and those that have experience in that area may be able to help you answer your questions regarding your kitty. But it is still best that your cat be seen by a vet for a professional diagnosis and treatment.

She's a pretty gal, ain't she? :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

calico man

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WELCOME! What has the vet said about the constipation? She's such a beauty and this must be very hard for her, and you too! Keep us posted as everyone here at TCS wishes you well!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I'm glad you found the site and came here for support. Abby is a lovely and regal senior cat. :petcat: Fingers crossed you find something that helps for her constipation. :crossfingers: I hope you can read some of the Articles about cat health as well as check out the other resources that are available.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Abby is absolutely gorgeous. :catlove:

Sorry about her constipation issues, but it's something that afflicts many older cats, and older humans too. Hopefully you and your vet will find the right combo of food and meds to get things working again.

As tabbytom tabbytom suggested, do check out our Cat Health forum for posts on the topic, or to start your own thread.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Abby is gorgeous :) I hope you can get the best of care with her health issues and that you'll find the right advice here!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat :)
Welcome to TCS!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!!!

Oh my word she's gorgeous!!!!!

I'm no expert, but I've really helped my kitty out by changing his diet. My vet isn't fond of the raw diet because of bugs/bacteria. But... I slightly adjusted it and made it a cooked raw diet for my kitty. You need to research it so your kitty gets everything he needs first (it's not just chicken breast), but I would look into it and try it. My senior kitty has hyperthyroidism and was losing weight like crazy. The vet said he would never get his muscles back bc once they lose them they are gone. Well.... my boyfriend is a Functional Nutritionist (chiropractor) and he's always focused on using nutrition to heal. He does it all the time on his patients so why wouldn't it work on a cat?! My kitty has gained a lot of weight. He loves eating again, and he actually has muscles!!! His coat is beautiful, he stopped throwing up all the time, and his thyroid levels are very noticeably improved!

I would try it, even just for a week on your kitty and see if it helps. Cats aren't supposed to be eating carbs, so they shouldn't be eating corn, rice, wheat, peas, etc. They should be eating protein. That's what they would eat in the wild, several mice a day. You wouldn't find them grazing in a corn field! Food sensitivities cause all sorts of problems, constipation could easily be from that.