Mars buys Orijen & Acana

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I used to feed our dog and cat Acana until Champion Petfoods built a plant in Kentucky. Both animals refused to eat it because KY had changed the formula. :eek: Unfortunately the location in Canada which manufactured the original formula no longer distributed it to the states. So I searched for a different dog and cat food they would eat.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I will check it out. As long as fish or lamb isn't included. She will not touch any food including those specific proteins and not 100% pate like rawz of dr elseys

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There are a few new-ish brands on the market, Feline Natural, Mouser, Meow (made in New Zealand) that could possibly work?
I never heard of the Mouser brand So I just looked it up and the company is saying it’s made of 97% meat the second ingredient is mouse….yuk
i won’t let my cats eat mice, they are indoor cats and on occasion we’ve had mice get in the cellar, in fact there was once they had caught one inside…we grabbed it away…no mice for them..too many diseases they could pass along to my babies.
i haven’t looked up the other brand yet

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would think that the manufacturer is more than cautious regarding the health of the mice used in the food.