Marks Of The Wild?

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, I pulled a kitten from a humane society. When I was deciding who to pull from their pictures, he looked so sad and scared in his cage, I knew I had to make him one of my chosen kittens. Then they said they thought he was part Bengal or Savannah.

Technicalities about all Bengals/Savannahs being mixes in the first place, we all know shelters aren't the best at figuring out breeds, so he could just be a big, slightly eccentric, tabby boy with some cat aggression issues (mentioned in another thread about his bullying behavior, even of our adult cats).

I was wondering what you guys think. I think if he's either at all, he's a Savannah, not a Bengal, but most likely, I think he's just a large tabby boy who's had a hard life. He has tiger stripes, not the spots the exotic breeds are known for.

He does have a bit of a long neck and legs, with those big bat ears, but I've seen ears like that on lots of DSH tabbies, so it isn't as if they're unique to exotic breeds. I'm leaning toward a DHS, but a beautiful and wild looking one nonetheless.

I really just wanted to know if you all agree.

P.s. It could be my crappy phone (A Motorola Turbo 2 -- don't buy this phone, seriously. It's been nothing but trouble since I got it.) or the fact that I live on an island in Michigan that's almost in Canada, but your image uploader here is slower than teaching a cat to walk on a leash! :argh: I've spent hours trying to get them uploaded.

IMG_20170818_000953282.jpg IMG_20170818_001249098.jpg IMG_20170818_001253860.jpg IMG_20170818_001451883.jpg IMG_20170818_001948771.jpg IMG_20170818_001926976.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
pardon the blurry shot. It's tough getting him to hold still. Here is a slightly better one. IMG_20170818_001253860.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Face and head looks as from a modern Oriental-ancestry, so either a modern Oriental, or Savannah-ancestry.
Modern Orientals are seldom just plain mackerel tabby, but a "half-blood", could easily be mackerel tabby...
So you think it's Savannah or some kind of Siamese? I should also add that he's much bigger than the other kittens, all of whom but one are estimated to be the same age by the vet, judging by build and bone structure. The kitten kneading on him on one of the pictures is his age. He's got very large feet, and loves to use them.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nay, i think its a Oriental mix. :) although Orientals are a cousin breed to siameses, so nothing is impossible. He can thus easily have some siamese blood in him too - there is quite a some interbreeding and even interregistering, at least in the European Fife.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He's a beautiful brown spotted tabby Domestic Shorthair. I suppose some Oriental ancestry is possible (his head and ears suggest that), but he appears to have a moderate body type, so it's probably not like super recent Oriental.