Marketplace

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey people,
I've just noticed my thread in the marketplace was taken off. Is that because my website is temporary closed or due to other reasons?

If it's better that I will pay for the advertisement let me know please

Thank you

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your thread wasn't removed.
The automatic setting for viewing the forum is to show the threads from the last 30 days, and anything beyond that is "archived".

The best idea is to start a new thread once a month in the Marketplace so it continues to show.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Your thread wasn't removed.
The automatic setting for viewing the forum is to show the threads from the last 30 days, and anything beyond that is "archived".

The best idea is to start a new thread once a month in the Marketplace so it continues to show.
Heidi

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is something seriously wrong with this new policy.
  1. Those of us with ads were not informed of the change, so we didn't know that our ads needed tending.
  2. The old policy was that we could occasionally "bump" an ad, not that they would disappear if we didn't keep rewriting them.
  3. When I just tried to go to my ad I got the message that I don't have "permission" to perform that action, which is incredibly insulting!
For that matter, when I attempt to search on the Marketplace, in order to do something about it, I can't even find the Marketplace, just threads about it, like this one.

I have referred people to my ad, not realizing that it was disappearing!

So, how about a primer on how to find the Marketplace and the proper way to tend ads in the new environment?

Margret

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Due to a lack of traffic, the market place was discontinued when the switch to the new platform was made.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, where, exactly, are we supposed to put these things?

I started a thread offering Reiki to people quite some time ago, and was informed that a thread was inappropriate; that I should make it an ad in the marketplace. I find it quite disconcerting that I received no notice that this was being removed, that the rules had changed, that my efforts to follow the instructions I was given are all useless. And the statement that ads haven't been removed but have been archived is obviously nonsense -- if the marketplace, where the ads were, has been removed, then the ads have been removed. Certainly mine has been. Not archived, removed, without even the courtesy of a notification. And if I sound angry, it's the lack of notification that's causing it. When the rules change, we have a right to expect that someone will tell us. The first I knew about it was when I went looking for my ad to send a link to someone and found this thread instead.

Margret

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The market place was a feature of the old platform that never really took off.

There were many many changes taking place when we switched platforms. Way too many to list them all. I did my best to inform our members of the main changes. The changes to the market places affected so few people it didn't make sense to announce that.

I did contact members with recent ads there. Obviously your ad wasn't recent enough and wasn't getting any new activity. I am sorry that I was unable to reach out to each and every member with each specific change.