Margaux

CaitEvans

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Margaux and I adopted her Nov 30 2018 from a local animal shelter. I’ve only ever had dogs for pets so i’m not very familiar with a lot of cat breeds. I’ve been asked multiple times by friends, family and vets what breed she is so I was just wondering if anyone could help. Thank you!

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your pretty girl appears to be a tortoiseshell and white domestic shorthair. You could also call her a calico domestic shorthair (although many people reserve the term "calico" for cats with more white and more distinct patches of red and black). Most cats don't belong to any specific breed.

I can't quite tell from your pictures if her dark patches are black, or dark gray... if her dark patches are gray, she is a dilute tortie and white (or dilute calico).

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s lovely! I would describe her as a tortie and white Domestic Shorthair. I think she is a dilute, she looks to be cream and dark blue to me.

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not well-educated at all on cat colors, but just popping in to say I think she is absolutely gorgeous! She looks like such a happy girl in her bed, too. :) Her coloring does remind me of my late kitty Chai, who was calico smoke--she had a pure white undercoat, which you could see easily when parting the fur.

IMG_2835.jpeg

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not well-educated at all on cat colors, but just popping in to say I think she is absolutely gorgeous! She looks like such a happy girl in her bed, too. :) Her coloring does remind me of my late kitty Chai, who was calico smoke--she had a pure white undercoat, which you could see easily when parting the fur.

View attachment 266033
sorry to hear about Chai but she seems to have passed on that moustache to our Betty.

IMG_0593.JPG