March Contest: Draw Me a Picture!

emery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

OMG this is absolutely gorgeous!! I loooove it!
Thank you! Your drawings are beautiful. I love the one of your cat waking you up and how you used the cross-hatching patterns. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

It's entirely for fun! I may do another one if I have the time. Maybe one about me crocheting with cat in lap, or perhaps of my three ferals running for their cat food dishes. 
Thanks, @Anne, I know you drew one with your 3 ferals eating and it made me smile.

I was hoping to see the one with you "crocheting" and your cat sitting in your lap.   Because A: it looks to be you have the most comfortable sleeping cat, where he/she can sleep anywhere (computer, lap, while hands are moving above him) ; or B: you have the longest arms so as not to disturb the cat....LOL
I'm not sure I'm up for that particular challenge 
  I usually crochet small projects, or if they're large, they're made out of separate small motifs like granny squares. I tend to work next to my desk and Gezer loves getting on the desk and then putting his paw forward on my work. It looks like he wants to crochet along with me, which is funny, but he's really just trying to say, "would you stop that stupid thing and pet me instead?" 

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A stunning painting of a beautiful cat . Your natural artistic ability is off the scale

The use of light and shade to build up the texture of the fur is phenomenal , I blow the picture up to see how you had achieved the effect with MS Paint and I can see how you got the detail in the picture , I will definitely be stealing this for my future pictures

Nice use of shadow too . Your very talented I would love to see more of your work

Last edited:

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Ahhhh,  not the final....really?
 But your imagination is so wild. I guess if its a time constraint, I could understand.

That last one in space "ground control to major tom" just blew my mind.....lol.

I did hear the bowie song in my head as the cat was floating in space.
Yes the final one sorry , I am going to be helping a friend move house over the next few weeks and will be helping her with the decorating so won't have any spare time

The pictures that have been produced are brilliant and show our deep love for our beautiful cats

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Emery I've studied your technique for getting the fur texture this is my first attempt , you just build up the picture with small brush strokes ?

The brush seems better for texture than the spray can which is what I was using . I can see how you can get the light and shade to the fur .

Thank you for putting up your beautiful picture it's been really helpful , It looks like there is going to be another picture from me after all  

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's getting there bit by bit you can even do some tabby markings with these brush strokes .

I'm going to call this one "Vincent Van Cat " as it reminds me of Vincent Van Gogh might even have a go at putting in some sunflowers

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Emery and @Merlin2000, I am really impressed with this technique and how you have so patiently and methodically built up the fur colour and texture, and how each of you does it slightly differently with beautiful results.  I am not sure I have the patience for this technique but might have a go once I have some time off work.  

I love looking at all these cat pictures, what a brilliant idea Anne!  Fun drawing and fun looking at everyone's creations and how they see their fur friends.  Few things could be better. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   erm, what happened to Vincent Van Cat going to bed? I see you have been working away since your last post.....

For my eye the face markings are improved but in some way looses depth, perhaps you are starting to do that over work thing?  The lighter shade in the body stripes takes away from the lovely colour there so perhaps a lighter touch?  This of course is only my 'taste' and I am in no way an expert - not to mention this is a technique I fear I would be disastrous with!  

Mouse Servant is relieved that she is not the only human compulsively painting away on her computer @Merlin2000, and now sadly has to go to work for the day where access to Paint and TCS will be impossible.  I look forward to seeing more posts when I get home this evening.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@Merlin2000....I cannot answer any of those questions, because I cannot take my eyes off "Vincent Van Cat".

How can his tail be coming out of the screen towards me and seem to be moving?

How is it that I "feel" that texture on the face and fur. I went back, and saw that you wrote "small brush strokes" but.....wow.

Using colour to achieve "light and shade, fur texture, depth".  I am so glad you posted the drawing in stages because even though I cannnot believe a computer program can create a drawing that looks like an oil paint, I would never have believed it took less than a day to create it.

I have to go back and look at them all in sequence.  thanks.  and WOW. (you are a genius)(painter)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
this is my second entry:  I am still in "maybe its a cat" category, or else "funny cats", but I am enjoying it.

I'll call it: "cat 3"

Title changed to: "I dare you to draw me" kitty......as suggested by @Mani, "based on the kitty facial expression"......LOL

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Love it!!  A geometric shape kitty! 
I'll call it: "cat 3"

I think she's gorgeous... I think you should call it the "I dare you to draw me" kitty, judging by the facial expression..

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@MoriCrest   You are very creative.  I love the colours in both drawings.

Does Smeagol actually like water, or taking baths?