March 2021 book of the month club

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For March we've chosen a non-fiction book about a puppy who was rescued in November 2004 by US Marines serving in Iraq. The hardcover book was released in 2006, followed by the paperback release in 2008. An updated book was released in 2019, however, it is the original version that we will be reading.

The book for March 2021 is
From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava by Jay Kopelman, Melinda Roth

1612272657945.png

We will be reading it between March 1st and March 21st
Discussion will begin March 22nd.

As always, everyone is invited to read along with us. You can RSVP that you're going to read it, by posting in this thread.

The book can be purchased at Amazon: From Baghdad with Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava

Reviews can be read at Goodreads: From Baghdad, With Love (Lava #1)

I think that covers everything, however, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ah......!!
Now you see my confusion over the release date. Even Google seems unsure, as in one spot it's saying it was originally released in 1998. :rolleyes:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My library has 3 e-books, one of which is currently available, so hopefully I'll be able to borrow a copy in a week or so. Don't want to read it too soon, or I'll forget everything by the time we get to discuss it.
So if I did my math right, including me, that's 6 of us who plan to read it. :yess:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my copy at the library yesterday. When I looked at the book in the car, I found someone's homework assignment inside, a book report about this book, complete with hand drawn illustrations! The librarian said she could look up who had it last and let them know.
I won't start reading it until March.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I got my copy at the library yesterday. When I looked at the book in the car, I found someone's homework assignment inside, a book report about this book, complete with hand drawn illustrations! The librarian said she could look up who had it last and let them know.
I won't start reading it until March.
Oh, wow. Wonder if it was recent, or weeks / months ago.