March 2020 Book of the Month Club

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last year, a few of us who like to read formed a "Book of the Month Club". :read:

There's no membership fee :headshake: There's no membership card :headshake: There's no food or refreshments :headshake:

But there is an enthusiasm for reading !!! :yess: And EVERYONE is welcome !!! :grouphug2:

The book for March 2020 is The Housekeeper by Natalie Barelli

1580995872376.png

Month Timeline:
- Book to be read within 1st to 21st of the month
- Discussion from 22nd to 28th of the month

Amazon link for The Housekeeper: www.amazon.com/Housekeeper-twisted-psychological-thriller-ebook/dp/B07ZV1BCC4/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=&linkCode=w00&linkId=&creativeASIN=B07ZV1BCC4

If you have an e-reader, and can borrow e-books from your local library, check to see if they are affiliated with Hoopla, as it is currently available there. Hoopla link for The Housekeeper: https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/12627816

Goodreads link for The Housekeeper: The Housekeeper

Any questions, let us know.

ef6f43e69ff79408b0bee3d9380ead92.gif

Last edited:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks like a good read. I'm going to order it from my library tomorrow. Yep, I'm one of those dinosaurs that like the feel of a book and turning actual pages.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Any other bibliophiles going to read along with us? If so, post to let us know. :hellocomputer:

If not ...

1581074409390.png

Seriously if you like to read, and we know some of you do, please post a short reply to tell us what would make our book club irresistible. ;)

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to read it. I have it on my tablet and rubes, I promise not to read the ending first,:jive: :flail::lol2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1582809518275.png

February is almost over, so dust off your book, or charge up your e-reader, so you'll be all set to read The Housekeeper starting March 1st. Discussion will start on March 22nd.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've started reading this. I didn't reread the book summary, so I'm going into it "blind". I'm about to start chapter seven and my thoughts so far are
rat in mail box - ewwww. And can't wait to learn what happened in the past. Interestingly, like our last book, a 20-something woman is haunted by something from 10-ish years ago

Anyone else started it yet?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I owned it from Kindle, but not so, tried to get it from library, I was #43, so I bought the Kindle for $3.99 about an hour ago.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I started it, rubes and love it so far!

I am dying to know why Claire hates Hannah so much! Claire came from a wealthy family and it seems that
Hannah ruined it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh man, I keep forgetting about them!
That's too bad, especially since you were the one who first learned of them. :hugs:

rubysmama rubysmama I started it, rubes and love it so far!

I am dying to know why Claire hates Hannah so much! Claire came from a wealthy family and it seems that
Hannah ruined it.
You'll find the answer to your spoiler question quite early on.

I'm enjoying it as well. And so far, no flower discrepancies to complain about. :lol:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My library started a new thing wih EBooks you have reserved. They'll hold them 3 days for you. You can finish a book
you're reading, then download the one you've been waiting for.
That's too bad, especially since you were the one who first learned of them. :hugs:

You'll find the answer to your spoiler question quite early on.

I'm enjoying it as well. And so far, no flower discrepancies to complain about. :lol:
I love how honest Claire is about herself; and she's hilarious!!I have a theory that
maybe Hannah had an affair with Claire's dad and something happened/SPOILER]

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My library started a new thing wih EBooks you have reserved. They'll hold them 3 days for you. You can finish a book
you're reading, then download the one you've been waiting for.
My library made a change too, so probably the same thing.

I'm over half way through the book now. It's a quick read, and I'm trying to pace myself so I don't finish too quickly.

I'm starting to wonder who's crazier, Claire or Hannah. :dunno:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm starting tomorrow. LOL, I'll have three books going at once again! This one, "Chasing the Dragon" by Dan Addario (about the Opioid crisis), and my Aunt Dimity book. The first two are book club selections.