Manx Or American Bobtail Kittens

Smetcalf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Had a litter born yesterday and 4 kittens have less than 1 inch tail , 1 has curly piggy type tail mom has 3/4 tail, short legs tiger and white. Are kittens Manx or American bobtail ot what?
20171121_135912.jpg
20171122_095309.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Without papers, they can't be claimed to be either breed. The bobtail trait is a random mutation that can occur in Domestic Shorthair cats. That being said, it is possible that there is some bobtailed breed in their ancestry as well. Can you show a picture of mom?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Smetcalf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Without papers, they can't be claimed to be either breed. The bobtail trait is a random mutation that can occur in Domestic Shorthair cats. That being said, it is possible that there is some bobtailed breed in their ancestry as well. Can you show a picture of mom?

Smetcalf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you have mom and babies set up in a nest? Can you keep mom away from intact males and 100% inside?
Why do they need a nest? Like a bed? There on a blanket in my room right where dhe gave birth.. And away from males? Although i have them in my bedroom alone away from everyone at the moment theyll be closer to me at 4 weeks to be socialized and learn to live with people, kids, cats and dogs

Smetcalf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
20171122_095405.jpg

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It helps to give mom a box or something that she can get in and out of easily while keeping the kittens contained. Put the blanket in there. They will stay warm and safe. Mom should have room to stretch out to nurse.

Mom can get pregnant again within a week of delivery, and without going into heat. Getting pregnant again so soon is bad for her, and for the kittens. Can you keep her away from unneutered males? Do you plan to spay mom after this litter is weaned?