Manx kittens chronic diarrhea?

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the rescue I volunteer with we rescued some kittens from a very overrun farm (40+ cats/kittens). A few were manx kittens and all have horrible bottoms and required lots of care. Two are doing great, two still have some bum irritation, and 3 have serious chronic diarrhea and poop a ton (one has a tail). The last 3 did have the corona virus and Clostridium. All have been on medications for weeks, had bum baths with medication to. I've read that manx kittens can have health issues and wondered if it was that. The last 3 have pure liquid poo, even with gastro food and forti flora. The foster does have them in one room with one litter box but she does scoop 5-10 times a day. She cant have them out as the kittens like poo art unfortunately. Anyone have issues with manx kittens and bad diarrhea issues?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A lot of tailless cats have Manx Syndrome, which causes bladder and bowel incontinence as well as digestive problems. Sorry, I don't know very much about it, but if you Google Manx Syndrome you might find something useful there.