Manny the Selfie Cat!

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Me too! How do you train a cat to do this, I wonder?
I swear by this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CatTrainerToo

I watched a few of his basic instructional videos to teach my cat to sit on command, high five and fist bump, and to obey certain commands. Basically, the dude is a dog trainer who decided to adopt a cat and tried a variation of his dog-training methods with the cat. It worked really well, and then he realized his cat videos were going viral, and here we are a few years later and he's putting out amazing videos of his cat skateboarding, as well as some awesome instructional videos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a great collection of training videos!  I watched several of them; short and to the point.  I used clicker training to teach Archie to sit on a stool while I'm working in the kitchen (he likes to get underfoot).  The approach seems to work really well.

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Manny is gorgeous and so talented with taking selfies! I need to take some lessons from him!

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

What a great collection of training videos!  I watched several of them; short and to the point.  I used clicker training to teach Archie to sit on a stool while I'm working in the kitchen (he likes to get underfoot).  The approach seems to work really well.
And the nice thing is, the process is a lot easier than you'd think. (Or at least, it is for me.) When I first saw this stuff, I thought for sure those tricks were the result of long, arduous training sessions, but what I like about Robert in particular is that he breaks it down and makes it look easy. I also like his advice to keep it short and sweet, just 10-15 minutes of training time or less per session. Cats are surprisingly quick learners.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

And the nice thing is, the process is a lot easier than you'd think. <snip>
Indeed. It's easy and cats seem to enjoy it.  We had so much fun.  They looked forward to it everyday.