Maniac Kitten

lilycat.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So i recently found a kitten in my backyard. She is very loving and cuddly. I’m assuming she’s around 3 months old. She stays in the garage at night because we are letting her get used to the place. In the morning she goes into the living room and goes absolutely crazy. She jumps everywhere, bounces off walls (literally), runs back and forth, and always bites and scratches my feet. Eventually I snuggle her and she calms down, but then does the entire cycle again. Is this normal? I haven’t taken her to the vet yet, but we are going in 2 weeks.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your the only playmate she has what you can do is say in a loud voice no biting or no paws and walk away. then ignore her for a short time before playing with her she needs to learn how to play nice . its not going to be fun for you after she is grown and doing that.my cat i adopted didnt have that chance to learn how to play nice so its a work in progress still . :lol: stay firm and keep a straight face dont be weak like i am and laugh at the cute face its going to make when you scold it.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Literally bouncing off the walls can be something call "the zoomies" where to a human, a cat can act as if it is on drugs, usually for around 10 minutes or less. A couple of episodes a day are not uncommon for a young cat, often at the same times of the day. If its that, just stay out of the cat's way and watch the show. Its normal and harmless unless the kitten is destroying property or hurting you.

Could also be a routine super-active kitten. As game misconduct game misconduct says you can work to discourage the biting. The generalized activity level can last longer and be stressful to humans, but all you can really do is play with the kitten a ton, leave toys and things for it to climb and do around, and wait for it to grow (unless you want to get another kitten which isn't risk free, but might help).

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is definitely the zoomies. There is also a possibility that this kitten did not stay with her litter long enough to know how to play, so has never learned not to bite and scratch. Definitely discourage that part of the play by ending the game when it starts. Get alternate toys for her and encourage those as playtime. Another kitten might definitely help but that would be your decision.