Mandolins anyone?

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in search of a mandolin at the moment and was wondering if anyone knows about these two brands!

Option 1) a local guy on Craigslist selling a beginners brand with all the stuff I would need to get started. $100. Waiting to hear back from him on if it has been set up or not. I have done a little research on the brand and it seems to be an okay lower end mando that is laminate instead of a solid wood.

Option 2) found this one on Amazon being sold by musicianVIP  love the fact that it is a F-style and it says solid wood body, but again no clue if it will be set up before being shipped to me, hopefully I will get an email back from them soon. But I will also need to purchase a case, picks, strap(which I can rig until I can find one I like) and stand, not that that is a huge deal breaker as picks are fairly cheap, esp. when learning and I found a gig bag for under $20. 

Hoping someone else on here may know something. Put some feelers out on Reddit and a mandolin forum, but havent heard much of a response yet! Trying to get as many opinions as I can!