Managing Idiopathic Cystitis?

Crazygirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of mine was on mostly dry and developed fic maybe stress related. I have him on RC wet only and he is doing great. Did you have a urine analysis done, if so what did it show. Did you also have a scan and what did that show.
The urine analysis showed a lot red blood cells, a few white and hardly no bacteria. They gave him an injection of antibiotics and the analysis was done three days later because he had no urine to take a sample the day we brought him to the vet. The vet does not think he had an infection ever. We have not had a scan and that is my next step.

Crazygirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of mine was on mostly dry and developed fic maybe stress related. I have him on RC wet only and he is doing great. Did you have a urine analysis done, if so what did it show. Did you also have a scan and what did that show.
There was no abdominal pain at all when we brought him so they ruled out obstruction and kidney stones.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Personally I would feed him RC Urinary SO only for the time being but also look at Cornsilk, no alchohol and D-mannose. Many members use these products, they are all natural and show good results.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fiorya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Crazygirl Crazygirl How's it going?

Update on Iris: She's still doing well! I can't remember if she had another bout of symptoms since the last time I posted on October 7th. But either way, she's been well for at least two weeks! I've been giving her cornsilk every day, along with VetriScience UT Strength treats, and usually Composure. I give Zylkene less frequently (I keep forgetting about it), once a week or so. And she hasn't had to be on pain meds in a while. :) Hoping this keeps up!

Crazygirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Crazygirl Crazygirl How's it going?

Update on Iris: She's still doing well! I can't remember if she had another bout of symptoms since the last time I posted on October 7th. But either way, she's been well for at least two weeks! I've been giving her cornsilk every day, along with VetriScience UT Strength treats, and usually Composure. I give Zylkene less frequently (I keep forgetting about it), once a week or so. And she hasn't had to be on pain meds in a while. :) Hoping this keeps up!
Happy to hear Iris is doing well. The vet had me keep Dallas on gabapentin and the prazosin for one complete week. I did that and so far he has been great. I am only giving him wet food. Some dry once in awhile. I did try the wet food from RC Urinary SO wet food but he started throwing up and so did his brother, Texas. We went back to their regular wet food. Hoping everything stays good. Three days shy of two weeks. Thank you for asking.