Man Saves Puppy from Alligator

denice

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Reaction score

This was caught on a wildlife surveillance camera in Florida. They found it when they retrieved the memory card from the camera. The puppy is only three months old when a small alligator grabbed it and drug into the water. It's an older man and he didn't even drop his cigar.

Last edited:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Super Cat
Reaction score
If that was my puppy or any of my fur babies, I would probably do the same. My inner Momma Grizzly would come out and I would fight for my beloved pet's life. I just couldn't stand there, I would fight with every fiber of my being.:livid:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denice

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Reaction score
I read that he did have a puncture would and was taken to the vet. He is fine now. The man had some cuts on his hands. They found this after the fact on the wildlife camera then found the man and his puppy. It is scary, that is one lucky little puppy.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Yeah the little guy did get chomped a little. But gators mostly drown their prey, not bite them hard enough to kill, so that's all that happened. And the man cut his hands while prying the gator's mouth open, which is to be expected, I think. But they'll be ok.

I'd like to think I'd do the same but it's hard to know until it really happens.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Reaction score
On the clip I saw the gator already had the puppy underwater, amazing the guy acted so quickly. I saw on an interview that he said the puppy would be on a leash from now on, seems to me the gator would have grabbed him leash or not. Need to keep him away from the water.