Man Saves Falling Dog

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I can't imagine my hand-dog coordination would be that good. How scary!

My boyfriend used to live on the 8th floor of a high-rise, and one day Gohan decided to take a little walk on the balcony. He was chilling on the other side of the guardrails, and when Randall tried to get him inside he did that cat "oh, I don't know how to quite ... get around these posts ... without falling" as my boyfriend watched helpless, trying not to startle him. Needless to say, the balcony was then off-limits.

So glad this pooch was ok!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I can't imagine my hand-dog coordination would be that good. How scary!

My boyfriend used to live on the 8th floor of a high-rise, and one day Gohan decided to take a little walk on the balcony. He was chilling on the other side of the guardrails, and when Randall tried to get him inside he did that cat "oh, I don't know how to quite ... get around these posts ... without falling" as my boyfriend watched helpless, trying not to startle him. Needless to say, the balcony was then off-limits.

So glad this pooch was ok!
I would die from fright!!!
One of our friends has cats that routinely waltz along the balcony rail 2-3 stories up and it freaks me out but they've never had an issue.
My cats are probably just uncoordinated and oafish enough that I go on high alert.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And this is the cat that does "trust-falls" if you look at him too closely. Doesn't help the anxiety, lol!
I have the opposite problem. "Trust launches".
"Oh hai, human! I'm 500 feet away. If I just leap into the air and latch onto your head, you'll catch me, right? LOL, I knew you had my back, bro" as I run screaming for saline for my eyes and rummage around for all the band-aids in this joint..

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bravo; give this guy a tryout at second base for the Yankees!

FlawlessImperfection FlawlessImperfection - See? Shih Tzus really can fly!
OMG!!
You see how the owner “wanted to remain anonymous”?
That’s because they would die of embarrassment when too many people know they own a Shih-Tzu in the first place! :runaround:
Good gravy I love them but they have NO sense of personal safety or limits. Years ago we banished Chewbacca from outdoor play after he continually “tried” to kill himself, believing he had super powers to jump, land, avoid impalement etc. The last time my husband had to run through the edge of 15 foot diameter blazing bonfire as he tired to jump OVER it like Superman- we’ll, that was it! Not only that but he was aimed at an upturned stake pointed right at his chest, I just closed my eyes and screamed. The dog was SO proud of himself, you should have seen him in Brian’s arms! We knew not only had he NOT learned his lesson, but he his “Super Power Stunts” had officially crossed the line from “a ShihTzu can’t do it”, to “no animal on earth without a jet pack could do it”.....:gaah::drool: He was the most incompetent creature I have ever known, and yet the cuddliest, and sweetest. There’s a trade off I guess!:lol: