Mammary Gland Swelling In Spayed 10yr Old Tortie

catamaria7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Within the past 2 weeks, I noticed our 10 year-old, spayed Tortie-calico-tuxedo, Miranda, has swollen mammary glands, bilateral, bottom 2 nipples. Fur sparse in swollen area. No noticeable lesions or inflammation, no drainage. Swollen area is squishy-soft, no palpable lumps, and Miranda shows no evidence of discomfort when swollen area is touched. No noticeable changes in behavior/personality. I've had Miranda since birth and she was spayed at 12 weeks old. Also noticed she has gained weight all over--probably a pound at least--after being thin & lanky most of her life, however she is not fat. Miranda is the oldest of our 7 cats. We changed food to Hill's prescription I/D dry formula about 6 months ago and all 7 of our cats have gained weight. ANYONE EVER SEE THIS IN A SENIOR FEMALE?
Miranda's boobs-04.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catamaria7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That requires a vet visit pronto! Something is not right here.
I agree! This situation is a bit much at this time, however, having recently battled feline ocular herpes with another 10yr-old. This Little Girl (7 lbs, runt of litter) had it about 8 years ago and got scarred cornea. This time Little Girl lost the infected eye. :bawling:

RosieMP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has just the same thing as you describe - she is also a 10 year old tortie. Could I ask what was the outcome with your cat?

4horses

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's likely breast cancer. Sometimes it doesn't present with a mass but does cause fluid filled pockets. Then the masses show up later on. Incurable but a full mastectomy may improve survival. Prognosis is poor.

I suppose there are benign conditions like cysts but most likely cancer. Not unusual to have clear fluid filled cysts in breast cancer kitties. And that location is suspicious.

catmama56

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has just the same thing as you describe - she is also a 10 year old tortie. Could I ask what was the outcome with your cat?
The OP never replied to your ask but hoping you'll see mine and will.
Just noticed the same thing in my tortie. What was your kittie's diagnosis?
Thank you!