Mama Kitty's Strange Behavior...

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello Friends,

I feed a feral cat. She was gone for a few weeks and then she came back with a cute kitten. After some days she took the kitten to my neighbor's house. Three weeks back she started howling. I thought that she is in heat again. But she never stopped howling. After some investigation I found out that she actually calling her kitten. She sits on the roof of the neighboring house and howls while looking at her kitten. Her kitten is on the down on the floor of the house. He keeps meowing at her.

What is the cat trying to do? It's been going on for three weeks now. She can get down to the kitten to feed it. But then as she reaches the roof, she turns back and start calling it. Is she trying to bring it back to my house? The kitten must be 5 to 6 weeks old by now. Can't she pick and up and bring it with her?

The houses are inside walls here. She jumps through the walls first and then enter the house.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She could be trying to convince the kitten to follow her OR telling the kitten to stay put. It's really hard to say for sure. Either is equally likely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found the kitten. It is with its mother now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for responding.