Mama and her kids

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Everybody's out and about now. Cookie is chillin' with my senior girl, the wound looks nice and clean. Maybe if she takes a liking to the 'hallway group' she can mingle but there is already a tortie cat, an old one but still, 2 torties is trouble.

Cookie's kids are in the 'backroom group' causing mayhem, although they tend to play nice when I'm there telling them to play nice👩‍🏫

I have to think about making a new cage for my 'giardia suspects'. They're nice and warm in this one, but not a whole lot of room and the litterbox is too close to food and water. I might just make a second floor for them to eat, play and sleep on.

🤔Yes I'm aware this sounds like Cookie and the kids are here to stay but I am also aware of the massive over-population and people want cute kittens, not grown ass cats or teen kittens. I went to visit a friend and they have a kitten about the same age as Cookie's kids and I did tell them I had a freshly neutered boy who might be a new playmate for their rambunctious kitten but they were all fawning over his picture but that was it.
It's also always painful to see people with cats instead of catpeople..I tried to give some advice but no, their way(the son's) was better. This kitten was just being a kitten and they were thinking about all these ways to limit him and oh yes, he had to go outside to get rid of his energy..he's 4 months old...they have a big ass house! I could fit my big ass cat sanctuary in your house and you ignore my advice.
And their last cat, a road savy farm cat was hit and killed right in front of the house! I had to be the one to find him of course...poor baby....😳
Okay that turned into a rant..it's just hard, I don't get how people not see and I have to let go....

But anyway, Cooks and the Biscuits are here, and we'll see what the future does for them and us hihi

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rant on!! It is very hard to place kitties because it's hard to ensure how the adoption will turn out. It's similar to what adopted children can go through as well.

Mygoodkitty

My_kitten_precious
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everybody's out and about now. Cookie is chillin' with my senior girl, the wound looks nice and clean. Maybe if she takes a liking to the 'hallway group' she can mingle but there is already a tortie cat, an old one but still, 2 torties is trouble.

Cookie's kids are in the 'backroom group' causing mayhem, although they tend to play nice when I'm there telling them to play nice👩‍🏫

I have to think about making a new cage for my 'giardia suspects'. They're nice and warm in this one, but not a whole lot of room and the litterbox is too close to food and water. I might just make a second floor for them to eat, play and sleep on.

🤔Yes I'm aware this sounds like Cookie and the kids are here to stay but I am also aware of the massive over-population and people want cute kittens, not grown ass cats or teen kittens. I went to visit a friend and they have a kitten about the same age as Cookie's kids and I did tell them I had a freshly neutered boy who might be a new playmate for their rambunctious kitten but they were all fawning over his picture but that was it.
It's also always painful to see people with cats instead of catpeople..I tried to give some advice but no, their way(the son's) was better. This kitten was just being a kitten and they were thinking about all these ways to limit him and oh yes, he had to go outside to get rid of his energy..he's 4 months old...they have a big ass house! I could fit my big ass cat sanctuary in your house and you ignore my advice.
And their last cat, a road savy farm cat was hit and killed right in front of the house! I had to be the one to find him of course...poor baby....😳
Okay that turned into a rant..it's just hard, I don't get how people not see and I have to let go....

But anyway, Cooks and the Biscuits are here, and we'll see what the future does for them and us hihi
I totally understand your frustration, you have every right to feel angry that’s stupid how they are kicking a four month old baby boy kitten outside, because he has to much energy, you’re right he’s a dang kitten and of course he’s gonna be playful like that, you did what you could about telling them that he is a kitten, but if they aren’t going to listen then what else can you do. At least you tried, and good job for getting those cats fixed 👍🏻😊

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I put my 'giardia suspects' in a bigger cage. They are so happy :purr:
IMG_20220928_172231.jpg
IMG_20220928_172235.jpg
IMG_20220928_174942.jpg
IMG_20220928_155659.jpg
So adorable, they're not related to Cookie but I just wanted to show them. Tux is Snoopy and the maincoon mix is Binti

And look at Lilly
IMG_20220928_155956.jpg
I'm trying to get her to be petted without her mauling my hand. Little challenge 🤠

IMG_20220928_155827.jpg
Adam's black toe

Yeah people can be frustrating. I try not let it get to me and cuddle the kitty's here extra. I managed to get them off the street. They are safe and loved.
The only thing I can do is keep trying to educate people on how to understand their cat but integrated behaviour, like chucking the cat outside is difficult to break....even with the dangers the cats are exposed to

IMG_20220928_155804.jpg
Moortje says hi

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cookie is under the weather....:sickcat:
Her spay wound seems to be reacting and I went and got antibiotics but she's stopped eating... She didn't have a fever this morning but now she does and the wound stinks a bit.
I gave her painkiller and fed her some convalescent food and back to the vet first thing tomorrow...
Look at this poor girl...
IMG_20221003_214332.jpg
IMG_20221003_214418.jpg
She was healing so well and then over the weekend her spay wound started acting up...
Please send healing vibes this way:vibes:

Last edited:

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor Cookie, she looks like such a sweetheart !

Many healing vibes are sent her way,
From Lisa and kitty family......🐾🐈

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well someone gave me a scare...man she was in bad shape Monday and the wound also stank. On Tuesday she was feeling better, started eating again. Called the vet, got some tips on how to clean the wound and she's back to her noisy self.

Everybody is doing great overall, we're just working on managing all these kitties now. I still have a few girls to get spayed and one smoll boy.

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Went to the vet with Cooks yesterday. She was not feeling well, had begun sneezing and sounded stuffy.
Good news, her spay wound is healing nicely. Turns out she was licking it a lot after her spay, but she didn't exhibit that behaviour here, funny.
Vet thinks because everything that has happened in such a short time, her immune system had a bang and she developed a little URI. Went home with some extra antibiotics and after the weekend she should be taken off of medication to give her body and mind time to heal.
Cookie has a very nice personality but she's quiet. I don't blame her after what happened with her being dumped at the farm and then coming to me. Torties are so sensitive

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A little update

Everybody is doing great right now. Cookie perked right up after the last of her meds. She's started playing and is wanting attention. She's quite smaller compared to my cats so I think she's either very young herself still or really petite. My cats are giants compared to her.
IMG_20221017_090617.jpg
Kittens are doing great as well. I try to take pictures but they run right up to me and get in the camera
IMG_20221013_205714.jpg

Most of the time they just want to be near me.
IMG_20221013_205637.jpg
IMG_20221013_205711.jpg
All of Cookie's kids, Adam, Missy and Lily(Lillith).

Mygoodkitty

My_kitten_precious
Adult Cat
Purraise
A little update

Everybody is doing great right now. Cookie perked right up after the last of her meds. She's started playing and is wanting attention. She's quite smaller compared to my cats so I think she's either very young herself still or really petite. My cats are giants compared to her.
View attachment 434097
Kittens are doing great as well. I try to take pictures but they run right up to me and get in the camera
View attachment 434100

Most of the time they just want to be near me.
View attachment 434098
View attachment 434099

All of Cookie's kids, Adam, Missy and Lily(Lillith).
so glad they’re doing well, especially cookie, they look so sweet and fun, good job taking care of them, keep up the good work. 👍 😊