Male or Female?

laikenbrooke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I am new here. Recently, a few stray cats came to my house. I have been feeding them all for a few months! There is one cat that will let me pet it and love all over me!! When it was younger, i would call it “Little Man” but now, I’m not sure if it’s a boy or girl 😂 please help!!

Also, i noticed it’s nipples felt a little large and seems to have a ring around them?

Attachments

sanfran_kitty_lady_21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The pics are a little blurry but that looks more like a line than a circle --> girl. Nipple size - might mean she's very pregnant or nursing if she's not spayed?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, that's a girl, and from the looks of it you're about to be taking care of a lot more kitties soon! Is it possible for you to bring her inside to have her babies? Outdoor kittens do not have a high survival rate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laikenbrooke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think you all are right! I kept going back and forth, but when i noticed her nipples today i had to ask! The internet searched where telling me all sorts of different thing, so i wanted to make sure!
I managed to get a few more pictures. (still kind of blurry, she won’t stay still long enough. She loves all over me) 🥰

Attachments

laikenbrooke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, that's a girl, and from the looks of it you're about to be taking care of a lot more kitties soon! Is it possible for you to bring her inside to have her babies? Outdoor kittens do not have a high survival rate.
Thank you!! I have tried to get them all inside but they won’t come in any further than my laundry room 😞. I got in touch with my local counties TNR program! I should be hearing from them soon!

laikenbrooke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also noticed her belly a little bigger a few weeks ago. It was only large for a week or so, then it went back down. So i thought it might have been worms? I looked all around my house for kittens too, but no sign yet

sanfran_kitty_lady_21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cat bellies don't always get super big when they are pregnant. If the kittens were born, she would (hopefully) be hunting and then heading back to be with them. I've heard that pregnant cats are friendlier due to the hormones, so that might be where some of that love is coming from. I would google "kitten box" and put one together in your laundry room. She's going to be looking for a dark, quiet, safe place to have her liter and you can put one together pretty easily with cardboard boxes, tape, and a blanket. You can't guarantee she'll use it but it's worth trying.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a girl and looks pregnant as everyone said. Have you looked for possible kittens if she gave birth outside? Otherwise, if not, make sure first because they will die without her, bring her in and the kittens will be born inside.

You need to get all of these kitties spayed / neutered asap so no more kittens will be born. Is there a local rescue group that you can ask for help?

laikenbrooke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have looked for kittens everywhere! This morning, her nipples were not swollen like they were yesterday. So I am hoping if she has had kittens already, i can find them!
The cats will not come in my home, as much as i try 😞. Though we do have a 3 car garage that we leave open that I can put a kitten box in, just in case she wants to bring them to me!
I have been in touch with my local TNR program, just waiting to hear back!!

I have two inside cats that i adopted as adults, so i have never got to experience young (and pregnant) cats! Thank you all so much for your helpful information 😀😀

laikenbrooke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is a girl and looks pregnant as everyone said. Have you looked for possible kittens if she gave birth outside? Otherwise, if not, make sure first because they will die without her, bring her in and the kittens will be born inside.

You need to get all of these kitties spayed / neutered asap so no more kittens will be born. Is there a local rescue group that you can ask for help?
Yes, I have looked for kittens everywhere! This morning, her nipples were not swollen like they were yesterday. So I am hoping if she has had kittens already, i can find them!
The cats will not come in my home, as much as i try 😞. Though we do have a 3 car garage that we leave open that I can put a kitten box in, just in case she wants to bring them to me!
I have been in touch with my local TNR program, just waiting to hear back!!

I have two inside cats that i adopted as adults, so i have never got to experience young (and pregnant) cats! Thank you all so much for your helpful information 😀😀

laikenbrooke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: !!
The cat has brought 3 kittens to my porch this morning!! They are maybe a month old, but still nursing from momma.
I have a carrier outside with a blanket that they have been going into.
Is there anything in specific i need to do? Or do i just let them be until I can find someone to help TNR?
So far, they have been on my covered porch all day napping with momma.

sanfran_kitty_lady_21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pictures please! I would start interacting with them. Start by sitting next to them, moving to petting, lasting holding to start socializing them. That will almost make the whole TNR process much, much easier since the kittens won't just run and hiss.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can catch mom, get them all inside and atsrt socializing them etc.

laikenbrooke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pictures please! I would start interacting with them. Start by sitting next to them, moving to petting, lasting holding to start socializing them. That will almost make the whole TNR process much, much easier since the kittens won't just run and hiss.
Yes we have been sitting outside with them and playing with two of them!! One seems to have a little cold, but i rubbed its little eyes with a warm cloths and cleaned him up the best i could! They are the cutest little fluff balls!! I will post pictures soon

laikenbrooke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All cuddled up!
They are under my covered porch, and also have a carrier with a blanket on the porch they will go in!
Right now, i don’t have any area to bring them inside and keep them away from my indoor cats. I am going to clean out our spare bedroom/storage room and try and bring them in!
I have been in contact with the TNR program, and they are going to get me in to have everyone fixed 😀
The babies were not there this morning, but momma was. I’m not sure where she took them overnight but i will keep my eye out!

Attachments