Male kitten mating behavior

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kuu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A shirt may work, or you can also try cutting the cone down to a smaller size. I never use cones and my cats have always healed well without them. Your kittens should heal quickly either way. Mine were home and playing the same day they had surgery.
Woah okay Ill see if theyll just stop licking it

kuu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Um so is there any way to reduce the aggression of the mom cat, Ive been told she'll be aggressive because they'll smell different and it shows

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ill see if theyll just stop licking it
how are they doing now?
So, I apologize, I can't tell for sure from your comment about mom, is she being aggressive? If she is, this trick is from one of our members; try putting a tiny dab of vanilla extract on all the cats, at the base of the neck and on their back at the base of the tail.

• Purraise
Reactions: kuu

kuu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
how are they doing now?
So, I apologize, I can't tell for sure from your comment about mom, is she being aggressive? If she is, this trick is from one of our members; try putting a tiny dab of vanilla extract on all the cats, at the base of the neck and on their back at the base of the tail.
They seem good the boy is very well doesnt seem to notice it (yet). And she is better now but still slow and lil wobbly of course. They lick much less now that we let it happen a little bit (with supervision). Ill see if I can get vanilla extract, is there an alternative ? And yes its the mom thats aggressive, not only to the cats but also towards us

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
is there an alternative
You could take a soft cloth, and gently rub it (hopefully momcat will let you) on all of the cats a few times, the idea to get everyone's scent spread around, back and forth to each and every cat.

kuu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You could take a soft cloth, and gently rub it (hopefully momcat will let you) on all of the cats a few times, the idea to get everyone's scent spread around, back and forth to each and every cat.
I tried something similar to it, the mom cat did not appreciate it lol

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you have any unrefined coconut oil? That could have a similar effect as the vanilla.

kuu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have any unrefined coconut oil? That could have a similar effect as the vanilla.
Ooh she does loove coconut, I will look for it tomorrow since the moms not gonna put up with anything that late. Thank you all

kuu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, so Ive tried it with coconut and it really worked! She is far more accepting their presence! :yess:

kuu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_20221108_184519.jpg

Hey guys so the third day is almost over and I noticed she got a lump right where the incision is. Its rather firm and was not present before, is this concerning? She seems fine plays eats etc just sleeps a lot because of lack of entertainment (dont want to have her run and jump) and well surgery. No reaction when I touch it

*the picture is upside down

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, will your vet allow you to send that photo in to them? Tell them she's sleeping a lot.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The lump next to the spay incision is not uncommon and should resolve on its own - usually within a few weeks. Unless it becomes inflamed and painful or oozes pus, it is not normally cause for concern.

Last edited:
  • Purraise
Reactions: kuu

kuu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, will your vet allow you to send that photo in to them? Tell them she's sleeping a lot.
No they dont do that, I dont know what exactly defines as sleeping a lot, if I do move a toy or her brother is playing, she does wake up. But even before the surgery she was a girl that could fall asleep for long periods. She does have zoomies once a day or so

kuu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The lump next to the spay incision is not uncommon and should resolve on its own - usually within a few weeks. Unless it becomes inflamed and painful or oozes pus, it is not normally cause for concern.
I see, I have a vet appointment on the coming monday hopefully its resolved till then

kuu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, i went to the vet early because Ive noticed she was bleeding from the incision. Everything is okay thank god, just wanted to mention he also inspected the lump and it seems to be good too