Male has stopped mating

Lisagouthro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 16 month old blue point siamese named Suna. Her boyfriend (stud) names Lynk’n. I brought Lynk’n home Thursday night at 8:00pm. They mated several times throughout the night, twice this morning. I know this because I hear the squeal of my Suna every time. Today, he hasn’t wanted to mate. He has tried a couple times, but not successful.
my question is.. is he bored? This is Lynk’ns first time mating too! He did do it successfully last night because I was there with them. Why is he not “performing” properly today?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may have already conceived and be out of heat. He would be less interested if she is not in heat. I would separate them now and let each be in peace. Over-mating is not good for either cat, especially the female because it’s very painful. The male penis has sharp barbs on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lisagouthro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, she is still very much calling and in active heat. It’s him who’s not as interested.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Separating them for a day or two may increase his interest.

Do you have a breeding mentor? You should contact the official association for purebred Siamese cats and ask to join in a mentor program. Established and experienced breeders of your cat’s breed are best at guiding you through this process.