Male cat not being nice

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 5 cats. They all get along great never fight. I have a 2 year old girl and boy both fixed. And we recently got 3 kittens that just got fixed Monday. Well my older boy has been a complete terror to the three 6 month olds to the point he is now hissing at us. Any suggestions to what I can or should do. He is never like this other then when another animal goes to the vet he usually hisses for a couple hours at which ever one went to the vet and now smells funny to him but that subsides within hours. We are now on two days and he won’t stop. He hasn’t attacked any of them but he is very uncomfortable.

Attachments

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I had my cats spayed, the non-recognition aggression took longer to resolve, maybe four or five days. Normally, it lasts only a few hours. Seems it even extends to you with your three kittens. Your boy is just having a harder time of it, and most likely will be all right in a few more days. Keep him separated from the kittens, maybe until the weekend, if it's not too difficult. You might also try a pheromone calmer like Feliway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was looking at the purple collars and was wondering if it would maybe help some. He is a orange pudd so of course he is a little extra spicy but he is always sweet. And as I posted normally if I talk one of the cats or kittens to vet he is a butthead for a couple hours. But then by dinner time he will be ok and loving and playing with them again. I hate it for him cause I know it is stresssing him out. On top of it he is a mamas boy so he loves to be right beside me but right now he is so on edge he isn’t sure.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's not uncommon at all for an adult cat to be unimpressed with the arrival of a new cat in the home. And you've introduced 3 new kittens!

Best thing would be to separate the kittens from your other cats, and restart the introductions.
You'll find more info in these TCS articles. Good luck.

How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction – TheCatSite Articles
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles
How To Introduce A Kitten To An Older Cat – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's not uncommon at all for an adult cat to be unimpressed with the arrival of a new cat in the home. And you've introduced 3 new kittens!

Best thing would be to separate the kittens from your other cats, and restart the introductions.
You'll find more info in these TCS articles. Good luck.

How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction – TheCatSite Articles
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles
How To Introduce A Kitten To An Older Cat – TheCatSite Articles
Well we have had the three kittens since they were 5 weeks old. And my older boy and girl took to all three of them almost instantly. So they aren’t new. But since they got back yesterday from being snipped and fixed (now 6 Months old) Simba (my older boy) is on edge. He is doing better today then the last 3 days now. But I did give all the kittens a dry shampoo bath to help with the smell of the vet on them and it seemed to help a little.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise