Male cat mounting other male cat.

Goldehwolfeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, I have had Negan and Cheeto for a while now. Negan at least 3-4 years and Cheeto for now almost 3 years. Negan is cheeto’s father, and Negan loves to mount Cheeto, a lot.

They will be getting neutered soon, I am hoping that’ll possibly stop the behavior. But my issue is, When Negan does so, he makes a lot of marks on Cheeto’s neck. They both get the same kind of attention, and I would like advice on how to get this to stop.
I’ve sternly told Negan No before like some places had said to try and positive reinforcement such as distracting him with toys. Doesn’t seem like anything is working....

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was on a similiar situation. My younger tom mounted our stud. I tried to stop, I even separated them. Young master Tpm got to be in his room. But the stud went after to see what become of Tom... So he apparently didnt minded...

Yes Toms behavior ended after his neutering.

So, as long the receiver doesnt mind nor get hurt, its not any big problem...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Goldehwolfeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well Cheeto has marks one his neck and some missing fur. That’s why I am concerned about it. And idk how quick I can get them neutered due to this pandemic.
Ty for your input

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one neutered male who continues to awkwardly mount my spayed female. She won't put up with much of that these days, but the behavior continues long after having them fixed. Neutering your two will probably stop it, but it doesn't always stop.