Male cat humping while kneading

theolola

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my 2 year old male cat who is neutered has only recently humping while kneading and mewows in my face if i don’t show him attention while he is doing it. he only does this on my bed however has only began to do this in the past month. before this, he used to just fall asleep on my bed

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's just getting "happy" :lol: It's normal behavior even for neutered males. Some discover it later in life :crazy: Just let your cat do his thing. if he starts humping your arm or leg or something you don't want to be humped on, redirect him to something he can use like a blanket or stuffed toy.

AriRio

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. My male cat was neutered at 10 weeks and ive noticed he occassionally humps his bed and sometimes his sister. I'm not sure why though.

catmando2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Isn't there like a window of getting neutered so the male cat doesn't have those um "urges" ;)?

I'm pretty there is a window of spraying. Some if neutered too late still spray.

I have a male cat, can't remember when he was neutered, haven't seen him doing that. Yet, he's still happy (as far as I know :)).

AriRio

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I never saw my last male cat do it and he was fixed at 6 months. Vet tech told me i could be stress....or even a minor urinary issue so i've plugged in the feliway and just watching him for now