Male cat fixed on april 27th

PityKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My male cat is very territorial to my female so we got him fixed hoping it will solve issues but he still meows loudly and aggressivly anytime she moves and chases her trying to attack her what can i do to help her i have a spray bottle for when i notice his aggression to stop the fighting but he still freaks out over her so much

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
For readers and lurkers who might not know, it's been a little more than three weeks which is the rule of thumb for a male cat's hormones to dissipate.

Does she have any way to get up high? Can you separate them? Is she spayed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PityKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
For readers and lurkers who might not know, it's been a little more than three weeks which is the rule of thumb for a male cat's hormones to dissipate.

Does she have any way to get up high? Can you separate them? Is she spayed?
They have a tower and we seperate them at night and when we arent around and she is fixed i guess it will take time but its rough she is starting to scratch herself really bad dont know it its because of stress or what but she has no issues with the other male in the house but he has also been fixed way longer than my male

When we let him out so they have time together he immediatly starts searching for her and just lays and stares at her and freaks out when ever she tries to do anything at all

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It can take up to 30 days for a male cat's hormones to lower after spay surgery, so he may still be feeling some of the affects of the testosterone in his system. Also, for older males that have been exhibiting unwanted behavior such as spraying or aggression for any length of time, it can sometimes be impossible to curb them completely.

How does she act around him? Is she scared, does she fight back, does she try to ignore him? There are a lot of things you can try to increase her confidence, but it would be helpful to know how she reacts to him.

Over grooming is often associated with stress in cats, but if she is scratching herself it could be something else, such as fleas or allergies.

Do you treat your cats regularly for parasites?