Male cat acting odd several symptoms..

Plowboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My usually talkative male cat has stopped meowing and has also stopped grooming himself. He has trouble breathing. When he eats he gags. When I pet his throat he gasps for air. He isn't roaming at night as he would.
When I talk to him and make him lay by me he turns his back and lays where as used to he would talk back and climb on me or snuggle close. He only eats soft/wet food. Hopefully y'all can help me figure out what's going on with him poor guy.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor cat. I can read how worried you are about hime from what you wrote. Sounds like something is going on in nhis mouth / throat. Have you mentioned these symptoms to your veterinarian?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Could be teeth, gums, throat. Are you able to look in his mouth to see if there is anything obvious. I would make a vets appointment to have him checked out.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and came here for advice albeit your cat having some health issues. I completely agree with the above members that you should contact your vet. Unfortunately we are not medical experts and his symptoms could be respiratory or something else, therefore, he needs to be seen by your vet. Wishing you the best of luck! Sending healing vibes, please keep us posted on his progress.:vibes::vibes::vibes: