Male aggression

redhead888

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. I got my kitten at 6 weeks, a bit early imo but the person selling him wouldn’t keep him any longer with the mom. Since getting it him, he was pretty aggressive. Attacking my hands & feet. The attacks come out of nowhere. Have scars on my hands. He is now 6 months old and just got him neutered. Been home from the surgery for 2 weeks and when he first came home, he played with me with no claws out. Within week 1 - 2 his aggression has come back. Attacking my arm with all 4 claws buried into my skin and his teeth too. I was told he would likely calm down a lot after neutering. Can anyone relate. Is this aggression here to stay or will it go away. Or at lest be a lot less violent.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Sorry though for the situation that brought you here. Your kitten's aggression could certainly be from his being taken from his mom and siblings so early, which didn't give him a chance to learn cat etiquette, including knowing when he's playing too rough. So now you have to take on the role of his mom, and teach him those lessons.

Here's a link that might have some tips for you: Teach your kitten how to play nice

Do ignore their mention of using a water spray bottle, though, which TCS does not recommend.
5 Reasons To Never Spray Water On Your Cat [Or otherwise punish them] – TheCatSite Articles

TCS also has this article which may be helpful: How To Stop Playtime Aggression In Cats – TheCatSite Articles

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I think most of your kitten's issue are related to what rubysmama rubysmama has suggested. But, there might be a bit of calming down once the hormones are completely out of his system - which as I understand can take as long as 4-6 weeks after neutering. You're still going to have to take on the role of his mama though to finish his missed 'training'!!