Making the bed around the cat

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's just as bad getting into bed at the end of the day...you're dead tired but they're fast asleep right in the middle of the bed. You politely ask them to move but they pretend not to hear you. Then you have two choices: manually move them and risk their scorn or try to find a way to fit in around them. I usually chose the latter, settling down in a somewhat uncomfortable position. It takes a while but eventually you get drowsy and just before you fall asleep, they jump off.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same thing with Casper. ;)

Isn't it funny how cats can seem to "increase their gravity?" If you try to move them when they don't want to be moved, it feels like they are actually getting HEAVIER!

I have a solution for the times when patting on the bum and coaxing don't work.

He doesn't like to be covered with a blanket. So, all I have to do is pull the blankets down as I am getting into bed. As I do, the blanket "accidentally" gets pulled over the cat and he moves out, post-haste.

Then comes the "Walking in Circles" ritual until Casper decides on a place to lay down. ;)

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Same thing with Casper. ;)

Isn't it funny how cats can seem to "increase their gravity?" If you try to move them when they don't want to be moved, it feels like they are actually getting HEAVIER!
Yes! Aniki used to be able to get all the way up the cat tree but sometimes had trouble getting down. He had no problem at all with me helping him down, but it was an effort because he was a big boy and would go completely limp when I started to pick him up. It isn't easy to lift a lazy 14 lb. cat from a cat tree perch that's five feet high. I mean, he could have helped by pushing off a little with his legs but...no.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don’t get it: he yells at me at some ungodly hour to GET UP. It’s not necessarily about being fed, it’s just time to rise. I stumble for the coffee, turn around, and he’s hogged the whole bed and gone to sleep. What IS that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I just don’t get it: he yells at me at some ungodly hour to GET UP. It’s not necessarily about being fed, it’s just time to rise. I stumble for the coffee, turn around, and he’s hogged the whole bed and gone to sleep. What IS that?
Yep, that's it. :lol:

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With Casper, it's not the food. It's the fussing and the ritual that comes with making the food.

Casper's Girl-Human usually makes his dinner but, sometimes, it's up to me. I'll get his food dish out, open his food, scoop it out and make all nice for him but, when I put it down, he'll go over and sniff then look at me as if he's saying, "But...You don't do it the way Mom does!" He walks away and leaves his food there.

It's the EXACT, same food. It's the exact same bowl, taken from the same place in the cupboard. I'm very careful to make sure that I give him the same number of spoons full. What is it that he thinks is different?

Basically, it all comes down to the fact that I don't fuss over him the same way she does.