Making the bed around the cat

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, no... Casper waits until his Girl-Human finishes making the bed before he takes up residence. ;)

He sits, patiently, and "supervises" while she makes the bed. When she's done, she'll pat the bedspread and he'll hop up and look around to "inspect" her work. If everything passes muster, he'll lay down and curl up.

Casper always lays in the same spot, every day. It's virtually a daily routine.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If that was Casper, I'd pet him for a moment then gently pat him on the bum until he moved over, far enough to complete the task.
Then, when I was done, I'd pat the spot where he was and say, "Okay," then he would move back if he wanted to.

This is an almost nightly bedtime ritual, anyway.
If he's on my side of the bed when I come in to go to sleep, I'll pet him and coax him over. Then, when I'm settled, I'll pat the bed and he'll move back to snuggle in for the night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I actually got away with it today and thought it best not to just post a picture of a neatly made bed. :lol:
It's been a little cooler and I've put the electric blanket on very low for his arthritis, so I imagine shifting will become highly problematic again tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
As expected, the electric blanket wins out and there is huge resistence to movement.
Please note the sheepskin-lined cat bed just visible on the floor that is never used.
bed cat.jpg