Making Our Cats A Tree House.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im not going to show my boys the amazing outdoor areas members here have posted. My guys would be jealous.

An outside cat house would be wonderful but I keep the cats on leads for their safety as we have traffic and wildlife here.....sso they couldn't climb in to the houses easily.

Maybe one day I can build a large enclosure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's a phenomenal cat enclosure basscat basscat Quite a phenomenal cat too.

I think I remember you talking about trying to get some grass or plants to grow in there. Did that work out? Gibbs must love being able to hang out in there.

Purr-fect Purr-fect keeping them on a leash outside is the best idea. If you have any homemade indoor climbing stuff I'd love to see that too.

:goldstar:

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No plants yet. Still having some cold nights (and days). Hopefully in a couple weeks we can work on that.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
No plants yet. Still having some cold nights (and days). Hopefully in a couple weeks we can work on that.
It's getting warmer here. :sunshine:

I've found the easiest thing to do is encourage native plants to grow. I guess your climate is pretty similar to ours. Only the toughest plants survive the winters.

This is awesome!
Thank you!

I've just spent the afternoon cutting a felled tree into manageable chunks and stripping the bark off. The next cat tree is going to have a more "Real Tree" look to it.

Something like this, maybe.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, really nice job. I love it! The goergous kitties look like they are enjoying it too!
Love the lights, looks like something I would do. :) I'd love to use pet screen to enclose my porch, but I don't think my landlord would let me do it. Plus, then a door for the top of my staris would also have to be built, so not an easy job all together. I'd also need help, & I don't know if my dad would be up for all of that. ..... maybe one day.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I finally finished making them another outdoor cat tree out of branches. Sorry, there are a lot of pictures again.

I had to cut down a dead tree, but it was a Japanese cypress and the wood was way too beautiful to waste. I stripped off the bark and treated the wood with a outdoor wood preserver.

TreeHouse29.jpg

I bought a small chain saw so I was able to neaten up the dead and broken ends. Next I got Mr Husband to help me stand the pieces up-right.

TreeHouse32.jpg

I used the original tree stump plus a few other thick pieces of the trunk to support the whole thing.

TreeHouse34.jpg

The steps and perches were made from the same wood, sliced up by with my trusty chain saw. I use metal shelf supports to attach the steps to the main trunk.

TreeHouse35.jpg

First one to the top was The Mu.

TreeHouse41.jpg
TreeHouse39.jpg

Little Boy, wondering whether he should jump up there or not.

TreeHouse42.jpg

Tiny little Happy.

TreeHouse43.jpg

Hiro checking out the steps.

TreeHouse44.jpg

Beautiful Mu.

TreeHouse45.jpg

A few of the gang hanging out around the new tree. It's right down the end of the enclosure where there aren't many things for them to climb, so I hope they'll appreciate having it there.

TreeHouse47.jpg

And now I have a chainsaw there's no stopping me.

:anticipation: