Make-up a name for a group of cats!

MikyPiky

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I thought it would be a cool idea to make up our own names for what you call a group of cats. The real way to say it is "a clowder of cats," but let's make up our own!

A purr of cats!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figured I should just go straight to the experts...so I asked Greg and Arnold.

They explained that as cats tend to be solitary they should never be in a group.

They said that technically if a number of of cats where ABOUT to group that would called a CATastrophe. After the cats had assembled and an actual group formed it would be called CATastrophic.

And sometimes they seem to think that even 2 together are too many, as seen on the dining room table.

20190112_065503.jpg

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figured I should just go straight to the experts...so I asked Greg and Arnold.

They explained that as cats tend to be solitary they should never be in a group.

They said that technically if a number of of cats where ABOUT to group that would called a CATastrophe. After the cats had assembled and an actual group formed it would be called CATastrophic.

And sometimes they seem to think that even 2 together are too many, as seen on the dining room table.

View attachment 333321
Having owned 4 unrelated cats, who loved to be together - one lap and a pair of outstretched legs was not a problem for them, but rather uncomfortable for me, and having experienced foster mama cats with almost fully grown kittens all rubbing against my legs. I would definitely propose that a group of cats be called an assault!