Maine Coon

jshayes57

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Blue Smoke Maine Coon (Blue) has for the last 4-5 months has gotten what I have been told were called "hot spots" - i.e. Skin Rashes about the size of 1/2 dollar where the bare skin shows. He seems to be in no pain but I'm pretty sure that this is not good. 3 months ago he had a steroid shot which seemed to alleviate the problem but now it's back on a different area on the back of his neck. Was the treatment from the vet correct or does anyone else know of a MC with the same condition?

Help. Johnny

P.S. I'm sorry I placed this post in the wrong area. I'm rather new to this. If the board admin could move this to the Health section, that would be appreciated

[Edited by jshayes57 on 03-07-2001 at 12:51 PM]

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hi Johnny and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to hear about your cat's condition - I'll try and look it up in my books tomorow (the books are all at the office and I'm at home
)

In the meanwhile, I'm moving this thread to the health forum so that more people can see it.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yes, the treatment was okay. Steroids are typically uses for general rashes. I have never heard of a MC that is pre disposed to skin problems. Did the vet check for ringworm? Also, a food allergy could be causing it if it returns right away. Steroids are only a short term solution for a one time thing.